Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 156: January 30, 2010

Quote of the Day: "A goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again." ~Author Unknown

I had a really great day today! I was able to finish a lot of my homework and am now almost completely caught up for a while, and will be able to do some serious studying.  And then I got a phone call from my sister-in-law to ask for my help with the family genealogy. My nephew was assigned a genealogy project for his class, and the really great thing is that she thought of ME first! And it made me feel so good to know that there is FINALLY something I can contribute to the family! I know, it's crazy to think that way, but that's the way it is. I really appreciate the fact that she thought of me. And I did have all the information, so I was more than willing to pass it along. EVERYONE should know their family history, right? I just wish that I had more to offer. Like the family stories, which seem to be lacking. But that's okay. I've been trying to make sure that future generations won't wonder what went on in OUR times.  Somewhat. But that's a whole other story, right?

I still have some groceries left to put away. I was going to do it this morning, but I got up and started working on homework, and before I knew it I looked at the clock and found out that it's nearly 10pm. I'll try to put some of it away, but I'm not sure how much I can handle doing tonight, because I am literally drained from staring at the computer screen and books all day long. UGH! I think I need a new pair of eyes. Or the fountain of youth. But at least I did get to talk to Ron on messenger tonight, finally. The internet has been down on his end for nearly a week now, and it has been horrible not having that extra time to share with him! I can't wait until he comes home!

I also did a little research today on alternative power sources, thinking that it would be really great if we can come up with a way to save money on our electric bills. There HAS to be a way to do it. We have a lot of wind here, so I was thinking it would be nice to make a homemade wind turbine to generate some power, but Burk won't let you put them up if you live in city limits. Or, not the ones big enough to generate enough power. So I started looking into perpetual magnetic motors, and am thinking that when Ron gets home we really should try to build one, even if it's just to create enough power to run the pool pump. That would save us around $100 or more a month, and you can build them easily from parts you can find in any salvage or junkyard and items from the local hardware store. From what I've been able to find they are relatively cheap to build. HOWEVER, I can't seem to find the plans for one online, or testimonials from people who use them, or even the amount of power they can potentially generate. So I'll have to keep researching, I guess. If I can ever find the time again with all the studying I'll have to do. It sure would be nice to get rid of the $600 and up electric bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment