Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 151: January 25th, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Few delights can equal the mere presence of someone we utterly trust." - George MacDonald

I had my orientation for the mother/baby portion of my clinicals today. I will be assisting with  births during this rotation. That's not the scary part. The scary part is that we are to give the newborns their Vitamin K shots.... and those shots have the potential of being fatal, as we have had pounded into our heads since day one! Still, I am really excited about it. Having never seen the "miracle of birth" from the end that doesn't involve pain, maybe I will be able to appreciate it more this time around? You would think, anyways. They went over all the things that we are expected to do, and it is a LOT. We have to assess the mother and the newborn, so anyone working on an L&D unit automatically has two patients per room. Wow... who would have guessed. And they will be soooo different, with different norms and everything. There isn't a lot of homework for this rotation, thankfully, but the homework we do have seems to be really different from any we have had so far. Still, I'm thankful that whether I pass or fail, at least I am getting there. Graduation is within 4 months, and if I can pass the HESI test (which is the Vernon College exit test) then I'm home free until the NCLEX exams. Which terrify me!


I put the red onto the backsplash tonight after class so that it would dry before tomorrow. I want to do the almond when I get up in the morning so that I can get the epoxy onto the dang countertops before anything else happens to them.  I really have to, because not having the kitchen sink is amazingly crippling in the kitchen. I can deal with the rest of the counters being out of commission, because the stove and microwave are still usable, but the sink is desperately needed to do dishes. AS IN DESPERATELY!!!!!!




I can't wait to see what it will look like once I've got the almond paint on there... hopefully it'll look a lot less like I've been slaughtering chickens in the house. I'll put more pictures on here tomorrow once it's on there, and it'll be time to decide whether it's good enough, or whether to go to Lowe's and buy some wallpaper to put up on there. Right now, it's hard to tell what it's going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment