Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 153: January 27, 2010

Quote of the Day: "A simple enough pleasure, surely, to have breakfast alone with one’s husband, but how seldom married people in the midst of life achieve it." –Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I am soooo unbelievably tired right now! I started out my day with a bang... went out to get into my car to drive to class, only to turn the key and hear "clickclickclickclickclick" instead of my engine starting. As it turns out, the truck battery dying wasn't enough, so my car decided that its battery wanted some attention as well.  So for the first and ONLY time in the entire time my husband has been gone I was thankful that he was not home to have driven his truck to work, or I would have been up a creek. I had to literally run over and get into his truck and drive IT to class. I barely made it in there with like a minute or two to spare, thankfully.  It was a very interesting lecture, a topic that I am always interested in... pregnancy and childbirth! I think that this part may come easy to me, because during both of my pregnancies I read every single thing in sight about what was going on with my body and the baby, and most of what she lectured on sounded familiar to me.  My hope is that some of that information from soooo long ago stuck in my long-term memory and I will have an easier time. No guarantees, but I am sorely tempted to go buy that book that I used to live by. You know. "What To Expect When You're Expecting." That book was my bible during both pregnancies, and it really did lay everything out for you perfect, in a timeline fashion. I think that I must have spent hours each day reading it.

After class we had to drive out to Vernon to get our photos taken for our graduating class portraits. Mine turned out really crappy, but that's okay. At this point, I am just happy to have survived this far! And who cares if that crappy picture is going to grace the Vernon College wall in the nursing department hallway for years to come.... not me. I don't really care who sees it, because for right now there are so many more important things to worry about. Like the fact that I may have to buy TWO new batteries now instead of one. And the fact that I really need to get started on my homework but am so tired that my eyes want to take three times as long to blink than they normally do.

Cody ripped his shorts during church tonight, playing football. He did a great job of it, too... from waistband almost to the knee! HAHAHA Thankfully a friend of his had been thinking that the weather was going to turn cool tonight and had brought a pair of jeans with him. Gotta love that kid! LOL Wish mine would plan that far ahead. So now we are one pair of shorts, um... short. And have a heck of a story to tell his children when he has them.  Everything else is pretty much at a standstill right now, because when I get up tomorrow I have some serious work to do on my school stuff. And I'm going to be starting my monster study sessions again, too, so I'll have even less time. Sigh. Only four more months of this, right? Easy as pie.  Well, for me, anyways, because I always learn better when I have something interesting to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment