Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 155: January 29, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Never to suffer would never to have been blessed."  Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)


Grocery ReceiptMy student loan money was finally, FINALLY in the bank today! So I did what I have needed to do since... well, since Ron left, really. I went grocery shopping. And not just grocery shopping, either, it was GROCERY. SHOPPING.  LOL I was running so low on everything that I had to stock back up again. What was the bill, you ask? Only a measly little $643. Now I know, it sounds really really bad. But according to my receipt, I bought 275 items. And when you multiply the price by the number of items, I only spent an average of $2.34 per item. Not bad at all, right? But we were nearly completely out of everything: canned foods, meats, frozen veggies... so I bought some of everything. And Ron will be coming home soon, and is dying to BBQ steaks almost as much as I am to EAT his BBQ steaks. And I figured, well... the meat's on sale right now, why the heck not? So I bought rib eyes, and New York strips, and some others as well. Oh, and of course the top sirloin was on sale, so I got some of that too. He'll be plenty happy when he comes home. Right?  I had to laugh, though. Cody was so impressed with the size of the receipt that he actually pilfered it and took it with him out to his friend Nathan's house, where we left for after carrying in all those groceries and leaving me standing with a ton of groceries to put away. SIGH. He even had to text his girlfriend and tell her that the receipt was as long as she is tall (she's shorter than me.) And I kid you not, I held the receipt up to the wall and then measured it... that thing is 4 foot 3 and a half inches long, so it's not too far off the mark!



I saw the strangest thing today. In my opinion it was strange, merely because I've never seen it before. It may happen, but I've never seen it.  I was driving down the road, and right there on the side of the road was a flock about thirty cardinals!!! They were soooo pretty with the light dusting of snow in the grass! I've never seen more than two of them together at one time, so it really took me by surprise. But I was really, really wishing that I had my camera at that very moment, would have been one heck of a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment