Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 142: January 16, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Sleeping alone, except under doctor's orders, does much harm. Children will tell you how lonely it is sleeping alone. If possible, you should always sleep with someone you love. You both recharge your mutual batteries free of charge. "-Marlene Dietrich

All I can say about today is that I finished the office.  It's funny, it doesn't really look any different than when I started working on it, when you just glance in there.  All my paints are still suspended from their board. All my school books are still on the shelves.  The computer, laptop and printer are where they belong.  The biggest change is that everything is now organized, the cabinets are a lot emptier, and there is much less clutter in the closet.  True, it may look like there's more in the closet now - because there is.  The file cabinet that was underneath my desk is now in there, as are my canvases and all the other things which are boxed up. So when school starts up next week, I am READY FOR IT. Finally. Well, at least my office is. I still have to power-clean the rest of the house and take down Christmas stuff between now and Wednesday, otherwise I will have to start school and THEN work on it all. And heaven knows I don't want to do THAT!

The kitties seem to finally be mostly back to normal, amazingly. Tiger and Mika are now both curled up together on my bed. I have no idea where Tiny the troublemaker is right now, but since I haven't heard any roaring, screaming, or hissing since early this morning I assume that the trouble should be over.  I know he has been walking around LOOKING for Tiger, I just don't think he has been bothering with attacking him.  Besides that, he seems to be a happy camper. He's sure being clingy still... they all are! I can't wait until Ron can come home and help give these guys a little attention, so that I don't ALWAYS have to be the one that does it.

I think I'm going to go ahead and go to bed early tonight, since I have so much to do tomorrow. I have plans not only to try and clean the house and tear down Christmas stuff, I'll also be meeting Laurie and we're going to be going to Office Depot to pick up a journal for our Mental Health Nursing class, and some minor school supplies. I have looked a little bit at some of the required work for the semester that comes in the course manual, and can't decide if it looks like it will be an extremely easy semester, or if looks are deceiving and even though there is minimal homework in there it will be the super-tough kind.  It doesn't have any instructions on what you're supposed to do with it, so I'm assuming they'll let us know in class whether it will take an hour, a day, or a week to do. Sigh.  I wish they gave instructions at the beginning of the nursing program. You know, like those really great "What to Expect When You're Expecting" books I read when I was pregnant.  Step-by-step, organized, and simple. Let us be PREPARED to learn, and you'd be amazed what people can do. I ALWAYS do better when I know what is expected of me.

But enough ranting for one night, my exhaustion is showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment