Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 141: January 15, 2010

Quote of the Day: "I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." -Albert Einstein

I completely blew it yesterday on writing the blog. I know it, I admit it. And the really horrible part of that is that yesterday was our 15 year wedding anniversary!  I did get to tell Ron happy anniversary through email, over Yahoo messenger, and also on the phone, but that's beside the point.  I had this big plan to put "Happy Anniversary" on here in big, bold letters. I was going to take a trip down memory lane with everyone. Instead, things were so crazy yesterday that it didn't get done.

Tiger came home from the vet's office yesterday. It was so sweet, because the vet's assistant carried him out to me where I was waiting in the office, and I had just started taking him out of her hands when I said hello to him, and as soon as he heard my voice he started purring like crazy. I couldn't even leave the parking lot for an extra minute because he had to meet-and-greet me and give me forehead rubs.  He purred the whole time.  Ever since he got home he has been pretty much his same old self, with the exception of the fact that both the other cats are hissing and growling at him now, I guess because of the strange smells.  Tiny has actually been initiating fights with him, which had been going on since a little before Tiger got sick, but had stopped  when Tiger started to not feel good and did nothing but lay there.  I have read up on it, and having two male cats in the house usually ends up with fighting, not so much if they are fixed, but it will still happen.  And the vet told me that I have to keep his environment as stress-free as possible, because stress can lead to his bladder problems. Great... tell me that repeatedly fighting isn't stressful? I honestly think I'm going to have to get rid of Tiny if he keeps it up.  We'll see... when Mika stops hissing at Tiger I'll know that the vet smell has worn off of him, and if Tiny is still attacking him at that point, it's off to the animal shelter for him.

Last night, I went with my friend Sherrie to a craft group and made a Valentine's Day block.  It turned out okay, and was pretty cute. I'll actually be able to keep it up year-round, if I have a room with pink and brown in it. Or if I just feel like leaving it up even in  a room that it doesn't match.  It was a lot of fun, though, and I really wish that I could go to more of them, but since school starts up next week I know I'll be pressed for time to do anything.  I'm glad that I had fun with it, though.  But the problem is that I was so tired by the time I got home, and busy trying to separate the cats and feed the cats, that I forgot all about the blogging. 

Hopefully this doesn't start happening more often now that I'm about to start school and get super-busy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment