Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 139: January 13th, 2010

Quote of the Day:  "Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld, translated from French

I HAVE HEAT!!!!!!! Finally, the guy came this afternoon around 4 and fixed the heater. I was up in the attic with him while he did it, and if you've never seen what old heater coils look like, you'll have no idea what I am talking about when I say NO WONDER WE HAVEN'T HAD REAL GOOD HEAT!!!! The coils, which are essentially little springs, were deteriorating into dust they had been so burned up. One was completely disintegrated into small little pieces, and the other two were only a tad behind them.  Maybe having this fixed will not only allow the house to get warmer more efficiently, but also lower the electric bills because the heater won't be trying quite so hard to cool the house.  The guy did say that our unit is only supposed to heat and cool up to a 2000 square foot house, though. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if he's correct we have a serious problem, because we're pushing three thousand square feet. THAT could be a problem as well. Maybe we should work on figuring out how to close off the bathrooms, and the office, and see if that will help any with the temps in the house?  Nah. Why bother. Too bad we didn't have that money that Cody spent on the cell phone bills, though, because he said that the home warranty people would pay to replace the unit and we would only have to pay whatever the cost is for bringing it up to present-day code.... which would only be around a thousand dollars. DANGIT!!!  Sigh. Oh, well. Lord knows it's going to break again, either the heat or the AC one...  this is the fourth time we've had it worked on since we bought the house... two years ago.  Cody and I are just happy as clams tonight, because we get to finally sleep in our own beds. HALLELUJAH!!!



I got to watch my show last night, finally. One of my absolute favorite love-to-hate characters is now deceased, and his wife was keeping him in the freezer! UGH!!! Not that I blame her for wanting to keep dear hubby around a little longer, but... eeew! How could you??? All in all, though, I suppose I should have watched the last few episodes of last season first, before watching this time, because I went through half the show trying to remember who did what and why this and that were happening, and all that. I had a hard time getting into it, but I'm sure a lot of that is sleep deprivation mixed with freezing my butt off for a week. Sigh. Maybe I'll have better luck on Sunday when I watch the next episode. I sure hope so, because I'd hate for it to go bad now, after three years straight of watching it.

Tiger is doing well at the vet's office.  She said that his urine is looking much better now, and she took the catheter out today.  She has to keep him overnight again just to make sure that he is able to urinate, and then he should come home tomorrow with his medications and the food she wants me to give him short-term.  I sure hope she has a list ready of all the can-and-cant's for us to feed him, because I don't want him to go through this again. We'll see what she recommends, though.  Oh, yeah... I asked her if she ran a BUN and Creatinine on him but she didn't because of the cost and she knew we were having a hard time of it right now.  She did, however, do a stick test and said it was within normal limits, so it looks like his kidneys weren't hurt too badly if at all. Still, better safe than sorry... looks like our spoiled kitties will be even more spoiled once we start feeding them the canned foods. Sigh... I really hate the way that stuff smells, too.  Not only going in, but also on the way out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment