Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 143: January 17, 2010

Quote of the Day: "I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime." ~Will Rogers

HAHAHA Okay, I couldn't help it... that quote has absolutely nothing to do with anything, except maybe that it's winter right now and cold as heck outside. I just thought it was totally hilarious! Gotta love that Will Rogers, that man had one helluva head on his shoulders!!! Just to even imagine him thinking about nudist colonies alone, well... heheheheheehheheheehe.

Today's been a good day so far. I got up and weighed in at my lowest to-date so far, which means that I only have to lose around 3 pounds by March. I think I can manage that. HOWEVER, since I'll be eating pizza for lunch today, my weight will be up about a pound or two in the morning, from the water rentention that the high sodium level in pizza causes. Sigh. Oh well... I know it ahead of time, am prepared for it, and could really care less... it's PIZZA, after all... one of the four food groups! You can't avoid pizza just because of its high salt content! How many OTHER foods would you have to avoid if you thought that way??? Pretty much anything Italian, or Greek, or Mexican, or fast food... Hmm. Sounds like you're left with salad. And having to eat nothing but salad the rest of your life? No, thank you.... I'll munch on my pizza and happily accept the temporary weight gain! Without too much complaint, too!

I have got the dishes soaking right now in the sink so that I can "pre-scrub" them and put them in the dishwasher, since I've found that no matter WHAT an appliance company's claim is, you can buy a four thousand dollar dishwasher and it STILL won't remove all the food from the dishes. I just don't trust them. So I scrub them ahead of time, and it works for me.  Obsessive, yes, but I won't get an infection from eating off my dishes. I guess my mama raised me right! LOL Although, come to think of it.... SHE said that because they got so hot inside and then the water just sits on the dishes until you put them away, that dishwashers grow a LOT of bacteria on your dishes and are unhealthy. Hmm. Still... there's something about being able to leave them in there until you're READY to put them away, out of sight and out of mind.  Wonder what those rich people do that spend the money on those cabinets where your dish storage actually doubles as a dishwasher? THEIR dishes go into the cabinet dirty, and come out clean. THAT seems a little much for me, considering that if it were in MY house, I just know that someone would put away their dirty dish and forget to run it, so the next person would pull out a plate full of dried on, caked on food that's been in there who knows how long. GROSS! I think I'll stick to conventional cabinets, thank you very much!

Sometime today I have to take out the trash, vacuum the office, sweep and mop the kitchen floor, bleach the countertops, and re-organize the tupperware cabinet... Damien's been just putting them in there any old way, as usual. Also, I'm going to have to plan to have a marathon cooking spree tomorrow or Tuesday, since school starts up again on Wednesday and the kids have nearly flown through all the chowder and lasagna I made. Sigh.  I guess it'll never end. But I have to come up with some new ideas for freezer meals, so I'm going to do some Sheppard Pie, maybe some chili and cornbread, and I have no idea what else. A roast or a stew would be good. I really wish I had the money to buy those sectioned tupperware things, I'd make a full meal for everyone so that they could just pull out a plate, microwave it, and eat. Easy peasy, and not a lot of mess! But, alas.... those are expensive, and I'm not sure if they turn brittle in the freezer. So..... I have to stick with what I know works. Got any ideas for things to cook, PLEASE email them to me! Or call me... or whatever you can do! LOL


Okay, I have gone to Wichita Falls and have returned. All in all it was a really fun day. I decided that since we were doing lunch at Cici's Pizza I would resign myself to the fact that my weight will be up tomorrow, and have as much as I wanted.  Even though that only turned out to be a salad, 4 pieces of pizza, a brownie, and an apple crisp pizza slice, I still was satisfied with it. Usually I can eat twice that without blinking an eye.  Afterward we went on the "great journal search", which took us first to Office Depot, where we walked in and were shocked to find that they did not have anything we could use, or that we liked.  And their prices on the Post-It flags were outrageous! So onward we went to Books-A-Million, where there were so many journals to choose from that we had a hard time deciding which one would best suit our class assignment. It had to be the right size, and acceptable for a teacher to look at, so it was a rough decision. Eventually, however, we finally picked one and went to the counter, where I proceeded to completely and totally embarass myself by accidentally saying "Harry Potty" instead of "Harry Potter" to Laurie and the cashier. I MUST have turned at least ten shades of red.... it was mortifying and funny at the same time.... by the time I left the store I could barely walk I was laughing so hard, and I had tears pouring out of my eyes.  Been a long time since THAT has happened... I thought I was going to pee my pants I was laughing so hard!  And the biggest reason that I WAS laughing so hard??? The whole way I had this mental image going on in my head of this big, giant, hairy toilet! LMAO And people say it couldn't possibly be fun to be me! LOL

After I was able to breathe again and not laugh my ass off we were off to the Goodwill store, where I found a BUNCH of really cute things on sale. If I keep it up I may not HAVE to go spend boo-coo bucks on brand new clothes. There are some really great things to be had at Goodwill.  AND, I was also able to score a couple of bags of fabric scraps.... maybe a new crazy quilt in my future! THAT would be great, wouldn't it??? Not sure what I'll do with the computers, and the printer, because the only place I'll be able to sew when Ron is home is in my office.  Doing it in the living room won't quite work when I set up right in front of his normal spot on the couch.   At least it will contain the mess, though!

Tonight is going to be all about going to bed early, so that I can get up and outside early to take down Christmas lights. I brought Damien and Cody both home tonight, and told them that they will both be out there helping me tomorrow.  So hopefully it will go really quick, and it will stay somewhat organized still. We'll see... first we have to get down all the boxes and bins out of the attic to put the stuff into.  AND once I'm done with the outside, I still have all the inside stuff to put away... dangit. I was SOOOO close to being done quick! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment