Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 164: February 7, 2010

Quote of the Day:   "As the presence of those we love is as a double life, so absence, in its anxious longing and sense of vacancy, is as a foretaste of death." ~Anna Brownell Jameson

Good morning! I was toooo tired to blog last night! UGH!!!  Yesterday I finally got the entire kitchen backsplash completed, and am pretty happy with the results. I think now that I may consider adding just a couple of blacks and browns to it because it looks kind of  plain, but that's something I will have to mess around with later. It'll do for now, and that's what's important. No, let me restate that... what's really important is that I no longer have to look at that stupid fruit on the tile! I will no longer feel that urgent need to rip out the tile and completely redo it immediately. We'll have some time to plan out what we want to do in the kitchen, and by that I mean that now I can handle waiting a couple (or few) years before we open up that can of worms. Which is plenty of time to get these nasty floors done, as well as the doors and windows.  Those are Ron's priority, so I've done what I can to make it to where I can deal with the low-priority kitchen! HAHAHA

Cody went over to a Super Bowl party one of the members of his church was throwing, and he evidently had a lot of fun. I spent most of the afternoon and all of the evening in the kitchen baking banana bread, for two reasons: One: I need the space in the freezer the frozen bananas are taking up because my garage freezer all of a sudden quit working.  And, Two: Ron requested that I send him his cell phone so that when he finally arrives stateside he can use it at the airports during transit. So I needed something else to put in the box with it, and since he said that he and the guys loved getting the banana bread last time, I figured it would be the best way to fill the box. You know, since he'll be coming home soon and won't want anything else he'd have to pack up to send back.  And I can't help but spoil my baby, after all!

Anyways, today I have a couple of things up my sleeve, so I'll get on them real quick and I'll write about them in tonights blogs. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment