Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 166: February 9, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking."  – Chinese proverb

About that proverb... it's a good thing, because Ron and I haven't been able to talk hardly at all since he left, so I'm looking forward to being able to look at his face again. It's getting closer every day, and all I can say is that I am really, really grateful that we'll be together again soon. It's going to be so nice to have someone else who I can depend on besides me.  And I'm sure that having someone who can change light bulbs in a high ceiling or grab things off the top shelf is going to be nice to have again, as well.

I got the countertops done today, finally. I still have one layer to add to the countertop with the sink on it, but I'm thinking that can wait until Ron comes home. It'd be easier, and plus... he'd get to see what a pain in the butt that stuff is to deal with. I've made a total mess of the floor in the kitchen with it, I'm sure. At least we plan on taking it out and putting in tile, right? LOL I'll take pictures of the countertops to put on here once they've had their three days of cure time and I can put things onto them again. I can't WAIT to see what the kitchen will look like once all that tape and plastic are down!  The only thing that concerns me in any way are the windows that butt up next to the countertop. I taped them up really well, but I'm still worried that once the resin has dried it will have stuck to the tape and made the windows inoperable. Which is no big deal to me, because not only are they a pain to open, they leak air like crazy. So maybe having them sealed with resin would be a blessing in disguise! We're replacing those too, so no big deal. Right? LOL

Tonight Laurie is over and we are studying for our test tomorrow in class. I feel totally unprepared for it, which probably means I'll just barely squeak by with another 78. Or worse, fail it completely. But the subject matter isn't anything really new to me, so I'm hoping that all my knowledge gained through my pregnancies and child raising has stuck with me in my long term memory enough that I'll make it just fine.  It seems like everything we've studied so far has been familiar to me. We'll see what tomorrow brings, that's for sure.  But for now, I have to get going and get back to studying, because our break is almost over. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment