Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 169: February 12th, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Where love is concerned, too much is not ever enough." – Pierre-Augustin Caron De Beaumarchais

Well, gee, what a day. Where to begin???

First off, I made an 83 on my first test in my Mother/Baby class, so I am pretty happy with that. I guess that some of the studying really helped a LOT... now if I just had the critical thinking skills, I'd be all set. I DID follow through and go to the hospital website and apply for the new position they just posted. I'm not sure if I will get it, with my dates so far out that I would be able to start, but we'll see. At least I'm trying, right? And I really DO love it!

I went to the freezer today to take out one of my little brownie squares that I had frozen, intending to treat myself because I've lost so much weight and had such a rough day, only to find that Cody has been his usual insensitive self and eaten ALL BUT SIX of them... and they're all the flavors that I wasn't particularly fond of. All the good flavors - gone.  And those were VERY expensive brownies, sent to ME by my BEST FRIEND. I am so angry with him that I don't even want to look at him. I don't know what makes him think he can just take whatever he wants, but he does it ALL THE TIME. And at thirteen he should know better. He is lazy, he is not doing his chores, he refuses to ride the bus home, he is not doing his homework.... what am I going to DO WITH HIM??????  Anyone know any good military schools?

Oh, and to make matters more interesting I braved all that wet, slushy snow to go out back and do the pool chemicals and vacuum it. Not in and of itself anything bad, until I got up onto the jacuzzi to vacuum in there, lost my balance, and fell in. I think I might have actually been in the water less than a millisecond, because once I realized I was falling I was backpedaling as fast as I could to get out of it.  Boy, was I wishing the heater was fixed on the stupid thing! It was COLD!!! I don't know how those people in the Polar Bear Club do it! I came in the house as quick as I could trying to shed the cold, wet layers, and have been an icicle ever since. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, too... good thing no one was around to laugh at me!

I guess you could say it hasn't really been that great of a day. Nothing has been going right at all. And I sure wish it would! Maybe I should have waited to apply for that job. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment