Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 107: December 12, 2009

Quote of the Day:
"It is sad and wrong to be so dependent for the life of my life on any human being as I am on you; but I cannot by any force of logic cure myself at this date, when it has become second nature."
-Jane Welsh Carlyle

All day long has been very quiet, and peaceful.  I had to go to Lowe's and pick up a new cord for the water heater, so tomorrow looks like THE day for that. Let's just hope that I get everything switched out right and don't end up burning the house down, huh?  HAHAHA  Nah, if it looks too bad I'll just call someone else in and let THEM do the dirty work. Right?

Cody ended up coming home last night after all, so it turns out my 'quiet evening' wasn't really so quiet.  He was all set to spend the night at his friend Nathan's, but there was a Christmas concert at one of the local churches he wanted to go to.  His friend Nathan couldn't go, though, so Cody decided that he'd go to the concert and then come home afterwards. Did he call me and let me know that, though? NO. Not until I was just all nice and cozy in my bed and just about asleep.  Then he calls and asks me to come pick him up.  Needless to say I was not happy about it, but I went out and picked him up anyways.  He went to Nathan's tonight, instead.

For the last couple of days I have been taking care of our friends Mike and Tiffany's little puppies while they were down in Dallas, and let me tell you... those little guys sure are rowdy!  It seems they figured that the perfect time to learn to be little Houdini dogs and learn to escape the kitchen was when I was watching them, so I kept walking in the house to find puppies everywhere but where they were supposed to be.  It's so cute to see them growling and barking! It's only been a couple of weeks since they were born, and already they are wild and crazy.  They kept attacking my shoelaces every time I went over there! It was hilarious! I took Cody with me today, too. At first he was all excited about it, but then he saw what a mess puppies can make come out of their bodies and he wasn't so keen on getting one after that. Thank heaven, because Ron would have his butt in a sling for years if he brings home another animal!

Most of today I spent working on Ron's surprise, which is going to be a much harder task than I counted on.  But that's okay, it will keep me plenty busy, for sure. And with the way my current part of it is turning out, I am EXTREMELY SURE that he is going to LOVE it.  I can't wait until I get it finished and he comes home and sees it.  I honestly just turns out to be as great as it seems to be in my mind.  Sometimes things just don't measure up when they are made a reality.  This had better not be one of those times, that's all I can say.  If it is, I may have to stop trying to be all creative, and we know how much I would hate that!  Maybe I'm aspiring too big, though... I've got to sit down with pen and paper and run some figures. See where we're sitting after all this "imagining" adds up.  It may be totally out of my reach to even consider the whole entire project I'm planning.  Not to mention, just me with no help may make it harder, too. We'll see what I can come up with.

I had to laugh today... I talked to Ron for a little while and he was having one of his "grumpy" days, where almost everything makes him angry and edgy. I really miss him being around in that mood, because he's not only extremely fun to pick on when he's like that, he also makes for an interesting day.  Sometimes he can be soooo serious!  If he was here and acting like that, I'd probably be throwing things at him (playfully, not in anger).  Or sometimes, if it puts me in a bad mood I'll yell a little and then storm away from wherever he's at and avoid him altogether.  But the best times are when he ends up happy again.  THAT is what I miss.  Well, that, and the occasional argument. It's no fun not having anyone to argue with and take out my frustrations on.

Tomorrow, I have to do some laundry and get some things done around the house.  I haven't really managed to do much from my list of things which I have planned to finish during this break from school, so it's time to kick it into high gear. It's already been a week since finals, and the only big thing I have to show for it is that I got the Christmas lights up outside. Wow... isn't that impressive? At that rate, I may be able to cross of three things on the list before school starts back up again! UGH!  Oh, well... I'm sure that whatever the important things are, they will get done.  The rest is just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment