Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 101: December 6th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller

I found my list book, sitting right in my bookshelf where I must have left it. Which is not where I remember having it last, NOR is that where it usually is. I don't ever put it in the bookshelf because I constantly use it, which means I must have put it there one day while cleaning for study group or something. I have no idea half the time why I put things places, or don't, or anything. It just doesn't make any sense. But at least I found it, right? So now I know that I had intended to sort out the linen closet over Christmas break, and re-organize the kitchen (what was I thinking on THAT one?). I also know that I wanted to paint the master bathroom, train the dog, finish my painting, and organize all the paperwork and stuff throughout the house.  Boy, will I sleep better knowing that I have all of THAT hanging over my head in the next couple weeks, on TOP of what I have been thinking about doing to surprise Ron. Yikes... time's going to FLY by!

I sorted out the Christmas lights today and came up with my plan of attack, and now I just have to wait and see what it will turn out like once i get started tomorrow after the final exam. I've decided that when they have the clearance sales this year we need more single-color light strands... we have tons of white, tons of blue, and tons of multicolor, but only two red strands and two green strands.  NOT hardly enough to give us a good variety of colors out there... I'm going to have to remedy that ASAP. BEFORE next Christmas, which is going to be our best yet... because Ron and I will be doing it TOGETHER. Not just him, and not just me.  THAT I'm looking forward to. This year? Not so much.

I found a blog today that was written by a nurse that really made me stop and think. She told a story about a house that she would always pass by on the train to work, that always had party lights on and people out and about, that she was just fascinated with.  Every day on the way to work she looked forward to seeing the house with its lights and parties and wonder about the owner, and how anyone had the strength to host so many parties.  Then one day the lights were all off and nobody was there, and when she got to work she found out that the lady who lived in that house was in the hospital. The nurse talked to her for a long time and learned her story of how she lost most of her family and children leaving Argentina (I think) to go to Canada and had spent the rest of her life feeling guilty for it so she always wanted to have her big house all lit up and happy and all her remaining family around her all the time. It was really a sad story, because the lady passed on later that shift, but it left the nurse with a sense of knowing something greater. She had to sit down and think about what the important things in life really are.  Those are the moments which I think will make nursing worth it in the end, the moments that take your breath away.

Off to bed now, I have final exams tomorrow.... wish me luck! Goodnight, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment