Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 102: December 7th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, shall pass." -Chuck T. Falcon

Well, the best thing that I can say is that it is FINALLY over.  By the time I was only on the second page of the test I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. The way the questions were worded was extremely misleading, and it even took ME almost an hour and a half to take it. And those of you who know me, know that I can finish a test in no time at all without hardly blinking.  PEOPLE WERE LEAVING THE ROOM IN TEARS! I know that there were a lot of students in my class who were in danger of failing the class, their grade banking on them doing well on the final exam, and I really am wondering how many people will be in our group after this.  It was without a doubt the most difficult test I have ever taken in this program. I don't think that I did very well on it at all.  I left with that same sinking feeling, just KNOWING that I had failed the test.  If I failed the test, then I failed this class, which means that I cannot continue in nursing school until NEXT January... that's January of 2011. So.... it is with a heavy heart that I await my final grade in the class.  I'm on pins and needles, waiting for a miracle but not really expecting one. I don't even care anymore if I'm stuck with a "C" in the class, just PLEASE let me have passed it so that I can move forward and be a nurse. If I didn't pass, that's a whole year of waiting in which all the knowledge I have gained will be lost due to not being around it.

On the positive side of things, I finally had the time to call Whirlpool and speak to some yahoo in God only knows what foreign country. Seems this lovely little water heater is only under warranty for labor for one year, after which it has 9 years of warranty for "parts and tank only". So.... they are shipping me out a new control board that I have to put in myself. It will get here tomorrow. And she tried to make me pay shipping for that part, can you believe it??? For something that happened as a result of THEIR product's malfunction??? I DON'T THINK SO. Needless to say, I am receiving the new part tomorrow VIA UPS and did NOT have to pay shipping for it. I'm not sure if they think all Americans are idiots, or what, but come ON! Stand behind your product, already. Stop nickel and diming your consumers!

Okay, enough of that.  I had to go toWalMart this morning with Laurie to help her find an American flag for the front of her house, and while we were there I found Ron's little miss Mocha a coat to keep her warm, at a third of the prices I have seen ANYWHERE... even at WalMart.  I am not convinced she likes it, but how should I know.... She was shivering so badly that I forced her to come inside.  You'd think I had killed her or something! I mean, really.... it's 30 degrees outside today with a wind chill of 25... I THINK you can come inside for a while.  Seriously, she loves the outdoors so much it's hilarious. She'd even rather be in the garage on her dog bed than in the house. I think she has something against cats, actually... now that I think about it.  Oh, and can you believe.... WalMart had a scarf and legwarmer set.... FOR DOGS!!!! Who in the world comes up with this stuff? Do they sit around reading kids' books and then decide that real dogs would like to wear this stuff too? I couldn't resist.... so here is a picture of Mocha in her scarf and leg warmers.... WAY over the top, but too cute to care. I think. HAHAHA





No comments:

Post a Comment