Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 106: December 11, 2009

Quote of the Day: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Today has been relatively, blessedly slow. I hit up the gym first thing this morning with Sherrie for our workout, then we went to Hancock Fabrics for her to look for a zipper, and also to Hobby Lobby. I've been having a little bit of difficulty figuring out exactly what I need for Ron's surprise, but I picked up a couple things today, nothing big, and have been working on it for the last couple hours. Let me just say, my fingers are KILLING me!!!!! UGH! This getting older stuff just isn't what it's cracked up to be.

I got in the cover for the water heater, but forgot to take the cord with me to Lowe's to find another one, so I wasn't sure what prongs ours had. They don't sell just a "water heater power cord" like they do for dryers and ranges.  I got to thinking on the way home that I should just ask Ron what he thinks about me just shortening the cord we already have, since the very end is all that's melted in any way, but he was not able to get online so I could not ask him. That really stinks, too... I don't like being without talking to him for even a short amount of time. It makes my days just drag along soooo slowly!

It hasn't been a very productive day at all today, because all day I've had this headache that won't go away. Not to mention the fact that it makes me very sleepy. It's a sinus headache, with an added ache in the back of my skull where it meets my spine.  And here I thought I was over all those tension headaches! HA! I'll be going to bed early tonight, to see if I can get rid of this thing. I should sleep really well, as Damien lit out of here around 5 to go spend the weekend with his buddies, and Cody called a little bit ago and asked if he could stay the night with Nathan. So...... it will be super quiet in the house all night long, and I don't have to worry about doors getting left open and letting the house get down into the fifties again.  It's happened three times now! I'm about to tear out all that weatherstripping Ron put on the doors, because they aren't helping with the electric bills anyways if the stupid doors won't shut. They've gotten so bad now that I have to pull on them with ALL my weight just to hear them click shut. I think the door jambs have shifted or swollen or something. Not sure, but I sure am tired of heating the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment