Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 103: December 8th, 2009

Quote of the Day:

"With what a deep devotedness of woe
I wept thy absence - o'er and o'er again
Thinking of thee, still thee, till thought grew pain,
And memory, like a drop that, night and day,
Falls cold and ceaseless, wore my heart away!"


                                  ~Thomas Moore

Well, I did it! I found out this morning that I passed my class with an 80.  THANK GOD! I was really sweating bullets after that monstrous final exam! I have NEVER taken such a horrible test, in my entire life! And it turns out, all my study group passed as well, so we're all still in great shape for studying together next semester.  And next semester we will all REALLY need to study a LOT.  Next semester is when we have to take the HESI exam - the test which you HAVE to pass or else you cannot graduate.  Everyone gets three chances to pass it, but if you can't pass it then you're not graduating with the rest of your class.  Not sure what class they make you repeat, or how it all works. I don't think I really even want to know. I've just spent the entire time telling myself that I AM GOING TO PASS IT THE FIRST TIME I TAKE IT SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO STRESS OUT ON IT ANYMORE.  I am so tired of all the worrying that goes along with nursing school. It almost seems that the classes you have to take to get your degree are a lot harder than the job you will be doing! And then, once I get the HESI exam behind me I'll have the NCLEX-RN to look forward to... the test I have to pass to get my RN license.   Oh, joy.  WHEN will the testing end, for pete's sake?

I jumped through hoops today and went shopping for Ron for some quick microwave meals and spent a couple hours packing all his things into boxes and mailing them to him.  I sent him four boxes of that cranberry stuffing so that he and the guys can have it for Christmas dinner, and the good thing is that the lady at the post office said that it should all without a doubt make it there before Christmas.  THAT is good news! I know, things happen that rarely can be foreseen, and there are times when you're mailing things to an APO that they just aren't going to make it in the promised time no matter what, but it's still comforting to think that there's that chance. I sent him banana bread and beer and cheese bread, too, and a couple other small things. I think the one he'll most appreciate is his robe, so that he can be warm on the way to and from the showers. I've sent him all sorts of things to use to keep warm, so he should be very comfy until he comes home. Which isn't soon enough!

I started putting up the Christmas lights out front today, but didn't get much done hardly because the wind was blowing, it was cold, and it started to drizzle. So I packed it up and came back inside. Forget it! LOL I'll go back out there tomorrow with some warmer clothes and all day to work on it and see how much I can get accomplished. As of right now, I'm tempted to only do the white lights around the edges of the yard and leave the rest until NEXT year. Would sure make it easier to do that, wouldn't it? I'll see how I feel tomorrow.  Oh, and the part for the water heater came today, so I'll be going up here in a little bit to switch those out. Wish me luck that it's the right part, and that it is easy to do... I don't usually work on anything electrical, that's Ron's job.  I'm just not that great at it. But it's got to be done, so I'll let you know how it went, and if we have hot water in the kitchen tomorrow morning. THAT would be great! :)

Other than that, I'm sitting down tonight with my list book and getting everything all set up for my time off, so that I can have a plan of attack to help me get things checked off.  Already I have more on there than I will be able to do, but that's okay... I've got some other things to add which would be much better in the long run to do.  And there's a couple things which I can mark off completely because they were already finished.  But first, I'm off to Movie Gallery to return Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.  Which was pretty good, by the way.  I've got my eyes out on a couple of other movies I would like to see. Maybe I'll find the time to catch the cheap shows sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment