Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 100: December 5th, 2009

Quote of the Day:

"Walking, working, barely breathing
My thoughts, far away-
Heart aching, mind racing-
Sleep does not come easily, nor last long...."

~Peter Winstanley


I'm having a really hard day today. Well, mostly tonight, I suppose. It doesn't help that I am alone again, just sitting and moping around the computer wishing that there was something besides cleaning to do.  Cody left around six to go spend the night with his friend Nathan who lives out in the country, and Damien is still over at his friends Kim and Devin's, where he has been most of the week.  And that leaves just me, in a big old house with just cats for company, and the dogs if I can force them to stay inside.  It wasn't too bad, until I went to write tonight's blog, and had to type those three little numbers at the top as the title... 100.  They're the lowest numbers there could possibly be.  A one, and a couple of zeros. So insignificant. Until you put them together, in that order, and your heart does this painful little flop as you begin to realize just how long you have really been apart from the one person in the whole world who means the most to you.  It's kind of funny how 99 did not bother me at all, but that 100 just threw me for a loop.  I felt the same as I did the other day when I was getting out the Christmas decorations and had a bad moment when I was putting up four stockings while thinking about how only three of us were here this time around.  I am tough, I know, but those times that take you by surprise are the ones that hurt the most. I can't wait until this whole mess is OVER!!!!

I found that postcard that I was so stressed out over finding, it was stuffed in with some customs forms that I have in the kitchen to fill out to mail Ron his packages. I don't know how they got in there, it must have happened when I was clearing the table to serve Thanksgiving dinner. Not sure, exactly. But it was quite a relief to find it, because that means that everything will be fine and nothing will get in the way of me getting into classes next semester and graduating. BIG sigh of relief, because that potentially could have held me up in registering which would mean that I would have to wait a whole year to finish nursing school.  So yes, I am VERY HAPPY that I found it.  Now if only I could find that stupid Lists book as easily....

I think tomorrow if the weather is decent I'm going to go outside and start putting up all the yard lights. I really don't want to, because I have this mental image of Ron crouched down in the yard ALL DAY LONG, literally, putting the spikes in the ground and having to set up those lights just right in order to get them to fit and look good, and it seems pretty intimidating. But I know that he ( and probably some of the neighbors ) would be disappointed if I did not at least make an effort, so I'm going to do it anyways. But when I get to the roof lights.... if I fall off that ladder there are going to be some SERIOUS consequences!!!!!! LOL  I may have to come up with some sort of plan or invention that will make it to where you can just pop the lights up there on a board or something with a hook at either end of the roof, so that it won't take more than ten minutes or so to do the whole front of the house.  Maybe that would be a good idea anyways.  I brought up that idea last year to Ron, but he said that he prefers to do it the old-fashioned way... I guess he feels that it makes a difference on how they look.  Me personally, I think that the less time you have to spend on that part of it, the more creative you can be with the other parts.  Just a thought... I know everyone has a different way of doing things. I'll bet, though, if I started going out there with him every year and decorated with him, we could REALLY have a snazzy yard! I'm big on doing treetops, tree trunks, and pretty much everything out there, whereas Ron is more traditional and prefers rooftop and bushes, and now the yard border that everyone in our neighborhood does.  If you mix the two of us together, WATCH OUT!!!! GORGEOUS HOLIDAY LIGHTS IN PROGRESS!!! LOL

I do promise to take pictures when I'm done, though.  It should at least look good on HERE, right?




Oh, and just as a little taste of what I have to try and match... here's some pictures of the awesome job Ron did last year... a hard act to follow!




No comments:

Post a Comment