Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 87: November 22nd, 2009


Quote of the Day: “In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” ~Hans Nouwens

Today has been a really long, really boring day of trying to get over this stupid illness that is plaguing me. I can't seem to shake it, no matter what medicines I take.  I guess it was about time, since I really haven't been sick since well before last Thanksgiving, that I can remember. No, not before it, maybe, but close.  Let me think a minute... who was my clinical instructor when I last got sick?  Oh, that's right, it was spring semester. So it's been half a year.  Sigh.  Still, I'm not really one to get sick, so when I do it really takes it out of me.  But on the plus side I have already read New Moon, and just finished Eclipse today. I'll be starting on Breaking Dawn tomorrow.  I am not usually one to re-read a book I've already read before, but there are three series which I WILL do that for... Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear series, JK Rowling's Harry Potter series, and now Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series.  Other than that, I'll pick the books up after having read them and they bore me.  Something about those three series, though, makes me just want to read them over and over.  I haven't figured out what the characters have in common, except that in all three the main character is kind of shy, bullied, and a geek, then later grows into a very powerful and brilliant character. Maybe that's what it is... my subconscious desire to be powerful and cool! HAHAHA

Nah, it's just the excellent writing. ;)

Tomorrow is my follow-up appointment up at the dentist's office in Lawton.  I'm kind of excited to get it over with and done, so that I can go ahead and have my cavities fixed and all that.  It'll be great to get that done and not have to worry about it for a little while. And to have things back to normal, to where I feel comfortable smiling again. THAT would be great, huh?  Not that it's too much of a hindrance right now, but there's nothing better than the fresh-from-the-dentist look. Though they won't be polishing or whitening my teeth, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm all excited about.

I mean, really... who doesn't LOVE the sound of that drill grinding into their teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment