Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 89: November 24th, 2009



Quote of the Day:
"Where'er I roam, whatever realms to see,

My heart untravelled, fondly turns to thee;
Still to my brother turns, with ceaseless pain,
And drags at each remove a lengthening chain."
~Oliver Goldsmith, The Traveller

Ever have one of those days, where nothing seems to work out the way you wanted it to? Well, today hasn't been one of those days! As a matter of fact, you'd have to HAVE a plan to have it not work out, right? Or at the very least do something.  I haven't really done much at all today, actually.  I cleaned the living room, did a couple loads of laundry.... nothing big.  It's been a really hum-drum kind of day, the kind where you just don't do much of anything. Sigh.  It sure is nice to not have to stress out about studying! Being able to just take my time with it... nice.

It was pretty nice outside today, from the little bit that I saw.  I mostly sat in my chair reading and  trying to get over this cold that has been plaguing me for the last couple weeks.  I think I'm actually on the mend, if you can believe that! LOL  It's about time!  I've almost got the house in order again, just in time to destroy it cooking Thanksgiving dinner, taking down the Thanksgiving decorations and putting up the Christmas ones.  THAT should be fun, right? I am actually almost excited about that one, but only because I just love to decorate. Not so much that, but even if it's sad I still love the holidays. I do, however, really wish I didn't have to do the OUTSIDE decorations.... TOTALLY not my thing. That whole climb-the-ladder thing just doesn't work for me. Plus, I don't know how to set up the white lights like Ron does... that's kind of scary to me too.


I'm not sure how in the world I'll get it figured out. I know I have to, but still.. I can't remember if some of them were on the timer, or if I'm going to have to remember every single day to turn them on. Sigh. I'll have to look at it when I'm a little closer to that time.  It makes me wonder, though... it seems like EVERY SINGLE YEAR we've been here, the day we put up the Christmas decorations outside are the coldest, wettest days... and lately, with ICE. I wonder if it will be that way this year? Because, seriously, if it is like that this year you can just forget it... I am WAY too much of a wimp to be out in that. I don't know how Ron does it, and I'm not convinced that I want to find out. Ya know?

I've GOT to get it in gear soon, though. Sherrie and I have made plans to do some scrapbooking during the Christmas break, since I will have much more time. I'll be going through my pictures so that I can decide which ones I want to make new pages of.  I have always dreamed of doing a family history album, but I don't have any pictures from Ron's mother's side, and very few from his father's side.  So that's out of the question, leaving me with all the pictures from when we moved to Texas the first time until now. That's a WHOLE LOT of pictures to go through.  I've also got a couple of other surprise things in the works to try and get done as well, so it should be interesting to see what all I can accomplish in that short time. I have high hopes for getting ALL of it done, but a lot of what I'm thinking about doing depends on finances. And the time constraints, of course. Who knows, maybe I'm putting too many irons in the fire. I'll have to wait and see. Right? LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment