Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 79: November 14th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "“I am tired, Beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you;


of squeezing it into little inkdrops, And posting it.” ~Amy Lowell, The Letter

Had study group today, which of course means that nothing got done around the house. Again. I'm so excited that I might be able to get things back on track around here over Christmas break and actually have a clean house ALL the time!  And not to mention that my laundry might actually get done! That will be a big plus, because as of right now I've been managing to do it every couple of weeks instead of weekly like you're supposed to. And I can't even begin to tell you how much that bothers me!

But back to study group... we all got together and managed to go over most of the information from the module, which is saying a lot. We really kept at it, with a lot less talking about other parts of school, things that we did at clinicals, etc.  It was pretty effective. We took a lunch break and went to Cici's pizza to eat, and since my car was the only one that had room for everyone I ended up being the driver, which turned out to have a hilarious twist to it. As I was leaving the parking lot and getting onto the road to go back to the school to continue studying, there was this median... it was a small median, very low to the ground... I was turning out and there were cars coming from both directions so I had limited time to make the turn and get onto the road.   Well, needless to say my front tires cleared the median, but my back tires didn't.   But that's not the funny part - the funny part was that I scared Delia so badly that she burst into this giggling fit that got us all started in, and we giggled the whole way back to the school.  I guess she thought we got hit or something? Not sure.  But it sure made for a hilarious break from studying.

The evening was really quiet here at the house. I haven't been feeling too well lately, so I pretty much just sat around, read a book, and vegetated. I didn't even exercise. Again! I am doing really badly this week with the exercise. I have more days where I didn't exercise than days when I did. And you can probably tell by my weight, but oh, well. There's always next week. It's more important that I get better, right? So that I can enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas break. And clean my house. You know, the usual stuff.

Got to talk to Ron for a little while today, too. He says their latest thing is that they built a frisbee golf course there, and have been playing frisbee golf. It must be nice to constantly be building new and exciting toys and things while you're away at war, right? LOL They need to de-stress somehow, though. I suggested that I send him horseshoes, but he said they have them already. So I'm at a loss as far as things which I can send him.  Maybe I'll come up with some ideas when I have more time to sit and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment