Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 83: November 18th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them." -Henry David Thoreau

Today has been a pretty good day. I took my last test for the semester, now the only one left to study for is the final exam.  Which, of course, is going to be MURDER!!!!! UGH!!!! But I'll make it through that one too. As long as I pass it that's all I can hope for. Right?  She hasn't posted the grades for this test yet, so I don't have a clue how I did, but I have a feeling I did really well. I think I did study a little bit more for this one than most of them so far, and there were fewer questions where I had them marked as "I'll look at these again in a minute, I'm not really sure." There were only seven questions this time which I had problems with. Usually there are more than that, so we'll see, right? I went into it hoping for a 96, but I think as long as it's in the 80s that's good enough.  High 80's would be preferable, but... you know how that goes. I'll take what I can get. Not like I can really do anything about it anyways, right?

After class I came home with the intention of highlighting my drug cards for clinicals tomorrow, but ended up lying down on the couch for a while to rest because we got so little sleep last night. And then Tiger jumped up there and stretched out on my belly, making me nice and toasty warm, and wouldn't you know... I ended up taking a 3 and a half hour nap! THAT IS SOOOOOO not like me!!!!!!! But I guess I needed it, or I wouldn't have been able to sleep for that long. Usually I can't nap for even an hour before I wake up.  So all this missing sleep in the last week or so has really made me worn down, or something. Who knows?  It's barely after ten and I'm already dead-tired, so I don't think it will have too much affect on my sleep tonight.  Maybe it will be good for me... you lose weight when you sleep, right?

Rick stopped by this afternoon to check on me and make sure that everything is going okay.  He looks really tired, like he hasn't been sleeping either. I guess Ted is running him pretty ragged with all the things he constantly wants to do.  He calls Rick every day and likes for Rick to come out to see him. Ted lost one of his mules recently, too... it got sick while Ted was down in Dallas, and Rick was going out there to feed the mules and give the sick one medicine, and he found it down on the ground. The coyotes had gotten it! Yuk! Poor Rick.  He said that the really sad thing was that the mule had been gaining strength, and had gained enough ability to drag him around while he was trying to give it the antibiotics, so I'm not sure how they got near enough to it.  Unless it had already passed BEFORE they got it. Either way, Ted's a big old softie when it comes to his critters, and I guess he was pretty torn up about it.

Other than all that, there's not been a lot going on today that's worth talking about.  I have a new project that I will be working on over the Christmas break, but since it's a surprise for Ron I really can't talk about it on here without giving it all away to him.  But I can say that I managed to get part one of my plan in motion, and am really excited about it.  Then, I spent the evening wasting time on EBay waiting to see if Ron came online or not. I saw a lot of really good Christmas present ideas for him! WOOHOOO! Oh, yea, that's right... I forgot. I boycotted Christmas at our house this year, because Ron isn't here with us.  LOL  Birthday, then?

No comments:

Post a Comment