Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 58: October 24th, 2009

Quote of the Day:


“I keep coming back to you in my head, but you couldn't know that, and I have no carbons.” ~Adrienne Rich


It’s a funny thing… I was sitting at the computer this morning working on my emails and I actually heard the train coming through town for the first time in a LONG time. It was strange to realize just how long it had been since I had heard them near our house. Since we’ve moved so far away from the tracks I may have heard a train twice. But the dogs sure heard it, because the next door neighbor’s dog, Tex, was howling to it every time the whistle blew. Our dogs, however, didn’t make a peep. They’ve been hiding out in the garage pretty much in mornings waiting for the sun to be up enough that they could go and bask in it. Goofy dogs! At least they have enough sense to go in out of the cold.

Today is one of the next several days’ worth of study groups. It’s always really bad like this right before a test, when it comes to studying. We try to get together every day and study, which leaves no time for cleaning house and things like that. But then again, even when I’ve thought I’d have time to clean I ended up doing homework or something else. The house is really suffering right now, because I can only manage to clean it every two weeks or so. It’s horrible!

I met one of our neighbors today as I was out walking. They’re the ones, Ron, who had the brand new garage built and had it done in stone then accented their house in it. Her name is Brenda, and she’s a third grade teacher at Hardin Elementary. It turns out that they had an entire back room added onto their house the same way, a sunroom. She walked me back there and showed it to me, and I have to say it turned out really nice. I wish we could do something like that for ours, but I know it will cost a fortune. Sigh. But I know we are at least going to screen in the back porch, right? ;)

I’m taking Cody to the movies tonight, he wants to go see Paranormal Activity. It looks to me like it will be just as stupid as the Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield were to me, but we’ll see. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I really doubt it, but we’ll see. It’s playing at the mall, so I don’t know how that’s going to work as far as the mall being closed at 9pm. Maybe it’s just the stores that close at nine, and they maybe block off the rest of the mall somehow. I’m not sure. But I will be finding out, because the next showing will be at 9:50. I would have gone earlier, but I had to walk, and was not about to miss a day, sooooooo…. It’s the late show for us. It’s only sleep, right? Maybe I can sleep in tomorrow or something. Who knows. I did actually make it until 8am this morning, so there’s hope. I’ll let you know tomorrow what the movie was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment