Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 55: October 21st, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton

I have had a  pretty good day today.  I woke up feeling a little better, so I went to class in a pretty good mood.  Of course, it's been raining again, but after I got home I actually went walking... in the RAIN.  I am bound and determined to get healthy again, dangit!  And it wasn't all that bad, really, because there was no one else out and very few cars driving around, so it made it kind of nice.  Yeah, my shoes got wet and I may have to wear another pair tomorrow, but besides that it was very relaxing.  I only walked two laps today instead of four, because I rode 6 miles on the stride bike. So all things considered, a good day for exercise.
 
Tomorrow I have clinicals, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I hope, anyways.  It's one of two preceptor weeks for me, where they stick you with an RN for an entire shift and she (or he) walks you through all your duties and responsibilities.  We can do anything the nurses do with the exception of give blood transfusions or chemotherapy.  My last preceptorship went really well because I had a good nurse who taught me a lot.  This semester I hope I'm just as lucky.  As long as they don't stick me in ICU again! I really, really hated it there!  Which, of course, means that I fully expect her to give me an ICU nurse as preceptor.  God, I really hope not! Wish me luck!
 
I have been pretty slack on the pictures, because I've been spending most of my time doing homework and copying our DVD movies onto my laptop, so there hasn't been much time for anything else. I'm really lucky that I managed to get the laundry done!  Well, part of it, anyways.  Sigh.  I guess I know what I'm doing on Friday.... cleaning and laundry! Oh, joy!  But I'm uploading a couple of pictures from camping and some I just took today, one of the girls, and one of the morning glory that had to wait all the way until now to REALLY put on a show.  Of course.  But that's okay, because at least I have the pictures. And I'm not crazy about them, so I don't think I'll be putting them in again next year.  They just haven't done what I wanted them to.  I may end up putting some shrubs there instead. Or just some daylilies.  Who knows? Ron will have some ideas, I'm sure. He usually has some good ones.  And we have all the way until spring to think about it, so that's plenty of time to come up with a plan.  That's good enough, right?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment