Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 52: October 18th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Oft in the tranquil hour of night, When stars illume the sky,
I gaze upon each orb of light, And wish that thou wert by."  ~George Linley


Wow, it's day 52 without you, Ron... and it feels like it's been a hundred and fifty-two.  Driving to town today it hit me just how much I really enjoy driving to town with you. Even when we just sit silently next to each other and are watching the scenery go by it's somehow better just because you're there.  And I really miss that. It's just not as nice driving alone, even with one of the kids in the car. It's not complete if you aren't there.  And I can't wait until you come home so that I can tell you all about it!





We had a raccoon come through camp last night and make a mess of our table and coolers. Muddy footprints were EVERYWHERE when I got up this morning!  I took pictures of it to show everyone.  The thing is, it actually woke me up in the middle of the night, but since I didn't know exactly what it was I was a little afraid to leave the tent to find out, because we'd been hearing coyotes really close all night long before we went to bed.  I love being out at the lake and hearing all the critters, but it's something totally different when they wake you up from a sound sleep while ramsacking your campsite.  My poor graham crackers that I accidentally left on the table didn't stand a chance... good thing there were only a couple left when we went to bed. I even tried to make a little noise from inside the tent to scare it away, but it was useless. It stayed there for what felt like at least an hour.  And now I'm feeling all achy and tired, and know it's because I didn't sleep well last night. The bags under my eyes have bags!


That's okay, though, it was still a good trip. And no, I didn't get stuck in the mud again.... and don't give me too hard a time, because let's not forget the LAST time Ron and I went camping he got the truck, boat and trailer ALL stuck at the edge of the lake and had to get pulled out.  So it's not just me!  I guess you probably could say that it runs in the family? ;) HAHAHA







No comments:

Post a Comment