Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 60: October 26th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "But, truly, I have wept too much! The Dawns are heartbreaking. Every moon is atrocious and every sun bitter." -Arthur Rimbaud

I AM SUCH A BONEHEAD!!!! I got all caught up last night in cleaning the house and studying, and completely forgot about doing the daily blog!  I'm so sorry, Ron! :)

As for the movie I took Cody to the other night, "Paranormal Activity", DO NOT go to that movie if you are faint of heart or scare easily!  There were times when I actually got head-to-toe chills... at least 5 times!  It's not that it was scary, so much, as it is that the whole time you're watching it you can put yourself into their shoes.  I even caught Cody hiding his eyes a couple times!  It's one of those movies that it would be great to have just two or three friends over, turn out the lights in the entire house, and crank up the stereo system. It was THAT GOOD!  I am definitely going to buy it if they release it on DVD.  Ron, you'll actually enjoy it, there were even some parts that you could laugh at.  And it's really hard to believe, but there were only 4 actors in the whole film. Not even any "extras" or anything. Wow. 

I was impressed, and it's hard to find a scary movie that impresses me.  I didn't care for the ending very much, but whatever. I'm not going to say anything about it because I know that a couple of you want to see it still.  So no spoilers here, but definitely a recommendation to see it. I went into the theater expecting it to be a flop like the Blair Witch Project was, and instead was glad that I got to see it on the big screen.  I wasn't even all that bothered by the twenty-something year old guy behind me who had brought a couple girls with him and kept making all these really "macho" comments, like "that's so not scary" and things like that.  I was bothered, but not enough to make me not enjoy the movie.

Things have been running along smoothly all day long.  I had study group with the girls at MSU again, and we were shocked to see that the library was packed today. Not sure why, but it seemed really busy there.  We went through the entire module bit by bit, though, so it worked out real well. I think we got a lot of it done, and now I have all day tomorrow to go over it all again, and it should be good enough. My goal is to get an 85 on the test, but it's going to be hard because this particular test only has 40 questions instead of 50, so it's a whole different grading scale because the questions are worth more.  But I have faith that I at least know enough to get a passing grade on it.  I hope. Please? LOL

I am still doing alright with my weight loss, I'm just not happy with the amount of weight I'm losing each week.  All the information I have read recommends not to lose more than 2lbs per week, and here I am, trotting along only able to lose 0.6 lbs for the last couple weeks. I haven't hit 2lbs in a week yet.  And it's really frustrating, because in the last 7 days I walked 20.5 miles and rode the bike an additional 9.06 miles, and only lost a total of 0.6lbs. Again.  I mean, honestly.... what do I have to do, kill myself trying?  I would have thought that by increasing my activity level so much I could have easily made the 2lbs a week thing. I'd even settle for 1 pound a week.  And it's not what I'm eating, either, because I've been using Slim Fast shakes and meal bars to supplement my diet, and then eating one healthy meal. And I've completely cut sodas out of my diet.  So why is it that I'm struggling so much to lose?  Who knows.  But at least I'm not gaining... that would be adding insult to injury ( and I mean injury in the most literal sense... my legs are killing me! LOL)  But tonight I walked 5.65 miles, so we'll see what the scales say tomorrow.  If I don't start losing more weight by the end of this week I'm going to have to try to think of something else to do. I'll never meet my goal otherwise. :(

As for pictures for today, since I haven't been able to take any lately I followed a suggestion by Laurie, my study-buddy, to post the picture of me with dark hair on the blog just for fun, and it led me down memory lane looking at some of the other pictures from that time period, so I thought I would share some of them with you.  Enjoy!


Carmen with Short Hair (and DARK)


Riding the Texas Giant at Six Flags... look at poor little Cody's face!


The second picture.. .and he STILL doesn't look too happy, does he?


Doing what they did best... playing video games.


The two of them actually getting along....


And later that day.... STILL getting along.


Doesn't he just look sooooo thrilled?


Man. If we would have known back then....... *wink, wink*


Damien with Denny, the cat we rescued outside... you guessed it... Denny's Restaurant.  The cat was so hungry it was actually eating onion!

No comments:

Post a Comment