Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 45: October 11th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "When I go away from youThe world beats deadLike a slackened drum....~Amy Lowell, "The Taxi"

It's been another one of those dreary days. The kind where every time you look outside you think it's only been 5 minutes since the last time you looked because the sun just isn't leaving any shadows. Or even any hints of where it's at in the sky. Which is fine, because I had MAJOR HOMEWORK to try and finish up today. Of course, I have still got two little tiny things to go on it, but it is 99.6% done, which sounds good to me! Because that means that I can use the next two days to finish studying. Which I really need now because I had to take so much time off to work on this stupid homework from clinicals. GRR! I know they help you learn, a LOT, and it's the only way a lot of people will even look at the inside of their books, but MAN they are a lot to do. When something is 20 pages long and takes you 4 days to work on, that's big.


Here's Cody, horsing around in the living room again.
I took Cody with me for a short bike ride today to take a break from studying, and it was a good way to get some exercise. We rode 3.34 miles together, and the whole time I was scared to death that he would either swerve into me and knock me down, or swerve out in front of a car. THE BOY CAN'T RIDE A BIKE STRAIGHT TO SAVE HIS LIFE!!!! I'm tempted to go buy him rear-view mirrors for his bike, because every time he'd turn his head to look behind him he'd swerve MAJORLY toward the direction he was turning. I don't know about you, but to me that's completely insane! On a bike? Especially in a town where half the people just can't drive to save their life! Maybe they need to make airbags for bicycles. Hey, it can happen.... or at least an airsuit. ;)
Cody's "almost" perfect handstand.


Damien and Cody BOTH accompanied me on my walk tonight, too, which was a nice change of pace from my same old boring self. It was nice to have someone to talk to when I was walking. I can't wait until Ron comes home... then I can drag HIM along with me! I've always loved walking with him, it makes it go by faster and he's good company. I just hope he knows that he's going to walk with me when he gets back... I forgot to remind him that he wants to! LOL (Just kidding, babe, but.... would you please? hahaha)

"No pictures or autographs, please!"
I am so sleepy right now that I feel like my eyes are going to explode right out of my head, and I still have those two questions staring at me from a little blinking window indicator at the bottom of the screen. Guess I'd better get back to work, or the nursing school fairy will come and press my memory dump button in the middle of the night and leave me completely clueless for the test on Wednesday. 'Night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment