Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 46: October 12th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. ~Alcibiades"

Welcome to fall at the Nason house!
It sure does feel like fall, that's for sure. It seems like it's been cold and wet for weeks now! I've been happy as a clam running around in sweatpants, though... I need to buy about ten more pairs, and then I'll be content. When I've been going on my walks at night I can smell people's fireplaces burning, and it smells soooo good. I can never tell whose it is, though, because it's been so misty and rainy that you don't even see smoke coming out of chimneys. But it's there, anyways, that wonderful smell. Sometimes you can smell hickory, sometimes pecan, and sometimes oak, but there's been a lot of mesquite burning too. I just can't help but take a big huge whiff while I'm out and about. Makes me want to run home and build my own fire. Almost. That's a lot of work to do when it's not cold outside yet. I haven't even turned the heater on at all yet. And the house has been staying in the low 60's, so I'm not too worried about it.
**********
My favorite fall angel, guarding the candy dish which the boys have been staying away from.
**********
Some of our fall colors... Mums!
**********
Went to study at Vernon College this evening with Delia and Carol Ann, and it went okay, until we went to leave at around 8:45. We walked out into the parking lot and this guy was out there near the back of the parking lot in a hoodie with the hood over his head. Normal, except for the fact that he was walking around aimlessly like he was in slow-motion, and that he was blowing raspberries every few seconds for no apparent reason. We weren't sure if he was on drugs, drunk, crazy, or all three but we got out of there QUICK!!! What a creepy thing to have happen that late at night in a nearly-empty parking lot, huh??
**********
As promised, here's one of me for ya, babe! **********
I saw the healthiest coyote tonight that I have seen in a long time. Cody called me at around 10:15 to come pick him up out at his friend Nathan's house, who lives out in the middle of nowhere, so off I go to get him. When I got to where Daniels Road meets up with I44 there was this really big, healthy-looking coyote crossing the road. The funny thing is that he (she) stopped just off the road in the grass and stared at my car as I went by. I drove really carefully the rest of the way out to Nathan's and back.... this, of course, after I nearly wrecked my car into the curb earlier on the way to the school because a spider came dangling down in front of my face on its little web. And we all know how I feel about spiders ever since being bitten last year, right? :)
**********
So here's another me, in the process of my weight loss, not looking much different yet, but the scales are definitely heading on a downward trend. Way to go, me! hahaha Notice: jeans, and bulky sweater with another shirt underneath, and I STILL don't look that bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment