Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 44: October 10th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ~Tryon Edwards"

Today's been a busy day, I've been trying all day long to get my homework done, and I still have a little bit left to do, but not too much. Cody was after me that we are out of milk and therefore there is NOTHING to eat. So it was off to the store for just a little bit of stuff. Which, I'm sure that Ron will love to hear ALL about. So here we go....


Here we are at the only grocery store in town, United. Ron's usually the one who does all the grocery shopping in our family because he's better at finding deals and saving money, so I'm sure that he will recognize this place. It really isn't much different than any other grocery store, but it's all we have. It's been here forever!

But of course, the school pride is great around here, and you can tell that everyone supports our team, even the big chain grocery stores. Ron, you aren't really missing out on too much in the sports department since we never go to any of the games, anyways. But look, they've got a wheelchair waiting for you at United for your shopping ease, old man! ;) hehehe

Here we are at MY favorite part of the store... the produce section! YUM!!! All the fruits... the vegetables... the ready-made salads... the party trays... I can spend a ton of money in this section. Even more than on meats, which Ron loves. EVERY MEAL, EVERY TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS. He'll end up having a major heart attack by the time he's 40 if he keeps it up. You hear that, Ron? You need to stop with the meat, already! How about some fish once in a while? I hear it's great for ya! ;)
Even Cody agrees that it's fun to go to the grocery store. You can tell that by how many different things he asked for in the twenty minutes we were in the store. I lost count after saying no for like the 30th time. (Okay, it was only six or seven, but still) And I made it through the whole store without buying ANY junk food at all. No chips, no crackers, no cookies... nothing fun at all. Sigh. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it when I'm done. And if I wake up tomorrow morning and haven't gained any weight after today (I had a homemade pizza with enough cheese to clog even the largest of arteries) then maybe I'll treat myself to a small bag of chips or something. Plus, I can always go and buy some light popcorn or something. Just can't add salt to it.

Other than the shopping trip, there hasn't been anything happening around here. Same old, same old, blah blah blah. Oh, yeah - I did spend a little time this morning looking at clothes to pick Ron up in at the airport... SKINNY CLOTHES! I CAN'T WAIT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment