Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 48: October 14th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it. And it isn't enough to to believe in it, one must work for it.- Eleanor Roosevelt"

Today has been a pretty good day. I took my third test today, and to my complete surprise the teacher actually had our grades posted by 4pm today. I am sad to say that I failed the test, getting only a 76 on it, but I knew that it would happen because I had so much homework to do that I never did get a chance to study.  Too bad that I missed getting a C on it by one question, but at least I still have an 80 average in the class. And better luck on the next test, which I will have much more time to study for due to NOT having to do a concept map for clinicals between now and the test.  Thank God for small miracles!  Tomorrow I have clinicals, though, and I get to go do a rotation in the ICU again, which was my LEAST favorite rotation of all of spring semester. But since that was only because it was so slow and boring, and I was assigned to a bad nurse,  I am going with an open mind that it will be different tomorrow.  Maybe knowing more than I did last time I went will help too.  Won't know until I try, right?

I sat down with the boys tonight and had a heart to heart with them.  I felt that things were getting out of control around here and that they weren't doing their part not only to be a part of the family, and that they also have not been showing me the respect that I feel they need to.  Especially Cody, as he is only 13 and has begun to act as if he thinks he is 30.  I explained that I want Damien to spend more time at home, and to not hide out in his room when he actually is home.  I explained that Cody now has to have my permission to do things, and that he no longer has free reign. On the days I do not have school or clinicals I will drive him to school, and I will also pick him up afterward.  If he wants to go to church I will drive him there and pick him up as well.  I am re-implementing family movie night. I am re-implementing allowances.  I feel that if we start spending more time as a family, maybe there's hope of things getting better and not feeling so wrong all the time.  They actually took it pretty well, so we'll see how it works out.  We're going on a little camping trip this weekend together, so I gave them the chore of making out lists tomorrow of any special foods they may want to take, games they may want to play while there, or things they may want to do.  I told them they have to be home tomorrow night when I get home from clinicals so that we can plan the trip. I'll be taking the dogs with us, too, since I don't have anyone to watch them.  Should be interesting, to say the least.  We'll see.

I've got to get to bed now, because getting up at 4am tomorrow morning is going to come awfully early.  I'll leave you with just a couple pics, one of which is of the back of our property, where Ron recently installed a new drain pipe for the pool's backwash system.  He planted over the dirt with grass seed, but what I find funny is that the grass is a different color, making it appear that it has gotten a lot more water than the rest of the ground, which under any other circumstances would indicate a water leak.  If it were a pressurized pipe, that is.  Kind of funny!  But anyways, off to bed I go.  Goodnight, everyone!


Spiderwebs with raindrops trapped in them

Mocha listening to the neighbors


The strange-coloration changes in the grass


Chloe just chillin' out in the backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment