Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 47: October 13th, 2009

Quote of the Day:  "Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring, the most basic part of love. - Ed Cunningham"

I went out back today to see if there was anything that needed done or worked on, and found to my dismay that Bandit's headstone is all cracked up! I can't figure out what caused it, unless it was the intense summer heat followed by all the rain we've had.  I'm not sure.  But here are the pictures, so maybe you can figure out what may have caused it and what can be done about it.  And as usual, you can click on any of the images for a full-size close-up.


Side view... see where it looks like something lifted it up off the concrete slab part?


The view from directly above.
 


View from the other side.


Another side view.



I'm trying to get the shadows to show you the damage, but without the sun, that's the best I can get. Sorry! :)


We are also going to have to secure the rose trellis as well, the weight of the rosebush has started pulling it away from the wall. Could be worse, but not too bad right now.


And as I promised, here's one of the groups of worms that found their way into the pool on account of the rains we've been having lately.  This is the largest mass of them, but there are four or five smaller groups at the shallow end.  This one's about the size of my fist.  That's a lot of fishbait and fertilizing gone to waste!!!  But it gives you an idea of how much rain we've gotten.  That, and the four inches in the rain guage.  Either one are signs enough, right?

On a happier note, though... Ron, you have your first bell pepper! Can you see the little guy there in the center of the picture?  There have been lots of blossoms on the plant for a couple of weeks now, and finally they're starting to grow. I don't know if this is late in the season for them to be starting out or anything, but at least I know that we can grow them. It'll be interesting to see if they get big enough or not.


The little pepper


And just look at all those big old peppers sitting there on the plant, that I WILL NOT take a bite of ever again! I learned my lesson the last time, thank you VERY much.  But you can have them all, if you want. I'm going to try to package one up and ship it to you so that you can have one of your fresh peppers.  Hopefully they make it!  And speaking of sending things to you, did you ever get your package? I still haven't heard anything about it. I'll be getting you another one ready here in the next week or so, but I'm not going to send it until I'm sure you've gotten the other one. Just because, I guess. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just being lazy? hehehe

Anyways, I'd better hit the bed, tomorrow's our third test. Wish me luck... I had so much homework during this one that I didn't have time to study much.  Oh, well... maybe it'll sink in through osmosis tonight if I fall asleep with my head on my book... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment