Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 50: October 16th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "“If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool.” - Abraham Lincoln

Right now I should be sitting around a nice, warm campfire roasting marshmallows and listening to the small waves hit the shoreline. I should be under a big, beautiful black sky full of little white stars and making wishes.  But instead, here I am at the computer, again... LOL It's becoming a habit! I just can't help myself. Well, that and the fact that.....  We didn't get to leave for camping today. 

The plan was to go to pick up food as soon as Cody got home from school and get to the lake in time to set up the tent before dark. However, Cody decided that he would stop off at the pumpkin patch on his way home, after sticking around the school to pick up football gear, which I wasn't aware of.  And of course, his phone was off. So he came strolling in around 6.  By the time we got to the store and picked up the food we only had half an hour or so until dark, so we have to leave tomorrow morning.  Seems a shame to put up the tent for just one night, but a promise is a promise. So we'll go first thing in the morning, and get everything all set up just to tear down the next day. Oh, joy. What fun.  But I'll still be able to take lots of pictures for Ron while we're there. 

Spiderwebs in my Rosemary



The only problem is that I didn't go walking today because I was busy getting things all ready to go and cleaning up the house a little. And I didn't go walking yesterday either because of clinicals.  Sooooo, I can either give up on it altogether for the day, or I go right now. It the dark. And the cold.  Hmm, tough choice. Literally, because I really want to get in shape!  Sigh.  What to do, what to do.....  I heard the coyotes out earlier tonight, real close to the house. I hope everyone has all their pets inside, because they're closer than they've been in a long time.  Then again, it seems like they're always close by in the winter time.  Not sure why.  Maybe I'd better forget about walking?  Nah!  They stay away from people. If I were a cat, though, I'd be worried.

Look what Chloe did to my salvia bush! Dang dog!


The town is definitely starting to change with the seasons.  A slight few of the trees in the neighborhood have begun to change colors, getting all red and yellow.  The strip of trees at Friendship Park are splotchy red in some parts while still being mostly green, but I have a feeling they'll start changing quick. Most of the town's still green, but it won't last long either.  I still think we are in for one heck of a winter, but who knows what the weather people say.  We'll see how bad it gets, huh?  Maybe I'll be able to put some really pretty snow pictures on here. You KNOW I'm looking forward to going around getting the really good shots!



My favorite trees in this area... the first to go red, and when they go, I'm telling you, they GO! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment