Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 189: March 4th, 2010

Quote of the Day: "If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I'd still swim. And I'd despise the one who gave up." -Abraham Maslow


I'm having a really, really bad "feel sorry" kind of day. There's this cat that has been seen hanging around our place lately, but I haven't really got a good look at him. Today, though, I came home from picking up Cody and he was in front of my car when we got out. And he is in really, really bad shape.  He has a big wound healing on the side of his head, and his left front leg is EXTREMELY swollen. Cody said that the kids down the street told him someone hit the cat with a shovel. A SHOVEL!!!!! Not sure about the leg, though, maybe hit by a car? Either way, it brings out that mothering instinct in me that makes me want to take him in and heal him. Poor little mistreated guy!!! I have no idea what to do about it, whether to just leave it alone or call animal control. I DEFINITELY can't afford yet another vet bill... the animals we OWN are already costing us an arm and a leg.  We did try to feed the cat, but he wouldn't eat what we put out there for him. We left it out for him, so we'll see.

All I can say about today's clinicals are that I am glad they are over with. The morning was good because I was feeling just fine. Then this afternoon, I started getting that fuzzy-headed achy feeling, and it really dragged me down.  There wasn't a lot going on, and with me not feeling good it was difficult to make it through the afternoon.  I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I"m running a low-grade fever and just feel generally bad. Which figures, of course, because I have my 3rd interview tomorrow afternoon.  Hopefully, my last interview, either way.  I think if it doesn't pan out I'm going to try and apply at Sheppard. At least then it'll be something I'm familiar with, having been a military family for the last 15 years.  And it's closer to home, as well. That would be a bonus.  But I'm getting ahead of myself... one position at a time, thank you very much.  I'm still really hoping for postpartum, it's what I have my heart set on. And I can't help but really, really want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment