Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 186: March 1st, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Love does not consist of gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wow, today has really been something.  I got up to get ready for clinicals, took my shower, and then was going to go out and turn on my coffee, and smelled electrical fire.  I almost panicked, until I realized that I only smelled it real strong right next to the water heater closet. Uh-oh... so I opened the door up, and wouldn't you know it.... the water heater in the house has shorted out in the same exact place the one up in the attic did!  Which makes sense, because they are the same exact size and model, but DANGIT! Can't we get a break for once? Geez! This is like, what, the hundredth thing that has gone wrong since Ron left? And he's coming back in roughly two weeks, couldn't it have waited? Why do I get to have all the fun by myself?

My clinicals went pretty well today at the state hospital. We were surrounded with some pretty rough characters, and although I can't say too much about it on here, I can say that it was interesting on some pretty intense levels. My other two girls in my group and I all had a pretty good time watching all the various behaviors, and avoiding some dangerous situations as well as we could.  We saw how the staff interact with the patients, the measures used to try to defuse violent situations, and a whole lot of other things. It was definitely the most violent rotation yet, but we all made it out okay without having any black eyes or anything like that, so it was a good day.  They have classes there throughout the day, and one of them which we all liked was music class. A couple of the staff play the drums/guitars, and they have this sound system set up where the patients can sing into the microphones. Pretty therapeutic, I guess. I sang one song solo, and then I finally talked Laurie and Misty into singing with me, and we had a pretty good time. At times like that it's hard to remember you're in a building with people who have committed murder and other crimes, and been found guilty by reason of insanity.  And most of the time, they seem like regular people just like the rest of us.  Which is really the problem, because you leave there with this unsettling feeling that everyone you pass on the street has the potential to be a patient there. It's pretty creepy when you think about it like that. Thank God for the common sense and instinct that helps us to avoid the really messed-up people.

It's bedtime now, because I have my job interview in the morning. And I guess once I'm done with that I will have to call in a repair order for the stupid water heater. I am NOT looking forward to that! Come to think of it, I'll have no hot water in the morning to shower for my interview. Unless I go shower in Damien's bathroom, with the creepy crawlies... UGH! Man, I hope they can get this thing fixed pretty quick! LOL Otherwise, I'll have to resort to heating the water on the stove and taking tub baths. Which I hate. I don't think there's anything left in the house that can break, at least. There's a blessing for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment