Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 187: March 2nd, 2010

Quote of the Day: "We are still masters of our fate. We are still captains of our souls." --Winston Churchill

I got some really great, really exciting news today! On Friday I had to go to Vernon for a test-taking skills class, which they use to teach us how to take the HESI test, which is coming up. You know, the test which we have to pass in order to graduate? We had a "mock" HESI test on Friday, which was supposed to give us an idea of what we need to study in order to pass the HESI. They posted the grades today, and guess what??? I GOT THE HIGHEST GRADE! Well, one other person scored the same as me, but whoever that was, we got the highest grade. Do you want to know what's really sad? I got a 79 on it. The majority of the class scored between 61 and 70 on it. I guess that means that I have an okay chance of passing the HESI! I still have a lot of studying to do, but it kind of takes some of the pressure off me. WHEW!!!!

My job interview went well today, so I'm thankful for that. The problem is, I have to go to ANOTHER interview on Friday, the peer interview. The one where other nurses from the floor sit down and interview me to make sure that I would be a good "match" for them. I am sooooooo nervous!!! This will be the third interview.... I am running out of ideas for "interview clothes". To be honest, it's completely stressing me out because I want it so badly.  I have no idea what time my interview will be, because she is supposed to call me with a time once she gets everything settled. But we'll see. I told her anytime at all on Friday is fine with me because I don't have class on that day. I will be ready whenever! I feel like I can take on the WORLD today and not even blink!

Other than that, I received a call from Eva, the secretary of the Nursing Program at Vernon College, to let me know that my current TB test is about to expire and I need a new one. So I drove down to the Health Department and got the TB innoculation. Now I just have to get it read, which I will do on Friday either before or after my interview. It'll be the last one I'll be required to get for the school, but I'll still have to get them for work. Plus, my CPR certification is up in August, so I'll have to go to CPR class... again. Sigh. That's okay, though, it'd be a good refresher to have. Who knows, they may have changed the rules again.

After going and getting the TB thing done I drove by WalMart and picked up some dress shoes, pants, dress shirts, ties, socks and underwear for Damien, so that he will have something to wear for job interviews. At least now I know he's got something to wear... that eases my mind a little bit, mostly because it's all appropriate. Now he just needs his eyebrows to grow back! HAHAHA Oh, yeah.... I forgot to blog about that one! He was using his shaver the other day to trim around his eyebrows and had a hand spasm... cutting off part of one eyebrow. So he figured that if he was going to look funny he may as well look UNIFORMLY funny.... and shaved the rest off. WOW, what a goof! Just in case you're having a hard time getting a mental picture.... here's a real one for you. This is with a couple of days' worth of growing them back, but you'll get the idea.

I had a funny memory come to me today.... Ron, do you remember when I was pulling the boat out of the lake the last time we went? When I got it halfway up the ramp.... and you yelled "STOP" because you wanted the boat to have time to draing, and I thought you meant that something was wrong, so I stopped? Quickly? Throwing Mike off balance into you, and you went crashing down too, like you guys were human bowling pins? I didn't mean to do that, by the way, but it sure as hell was funny! I had a good laugh about it today. The only reason it even popped into my head was that it's getting warmer, and you're coming back, and I passed a truck pulling a boat today and it made me think of how we're going to be able to go out in the boat SOON!!!  YAY!!!! Oh, and.... sorry for laughing at ya. But, ya know... it WAS funny. Typical of me, too.... remember when you had the cover off the boat motor, trying to fix it? You were yelling "Slow" and I thought you were yelling "Go" because I couldn't hear over the sound of the motor? And I almost dumped you in the lake when I floored it? HAHAHAHAH Good times! Sometimes it's FUN being a blond.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment