Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 184:February 27th, 2010

Quote of the Day: "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

What a great day! It was so spring-like outside that I just could not resist, so I threw on a tank top and went out back and got to work. I spent all day long outside enjoying the sun! I cleaned the pool, cleaned up the dog mess, helped Cody mow the grass, trimmed the salvia bushes, trimmed the rose bushes, and put my clematis into the ground. Hopefully it will grow a lot bigger this year.  The only problem I had all day long is.. yep, you guessed it... the first sunburn of the year. OW!!!! Forgot how painful those are! But the yard looks so much better that I really think it was worth it.  I loved the smell of the salvia as I was cutting it, so I probably took a little longer than I had to. Yet, I had to make it perfect, right?

After I was done in the yard I came in with Cody and I watched two movies with him before I decided that it was time to head to bed. I really was wiped out from all that sun. And I still have more to do out there, like clean the patio, sweep up some of the grass Cody missed, sweep the breezeway.... Sigh.  Hope we have good weather again! But this time I'll be wearing a t-shirt. Got to keep that sunburn under control... if it gets any worse, I'll look ridiculous for my job interview, and I DEFINITELY don't want that.  So I'll be a good girl and wear sunblock if I go outside again. Which is almost a guarantee, if the weather stays nice.  Supposedly it'll be a high near 60, so I'm hoping so.  If not, I have plenty of cleaning to do inside the house. I still have to steam clean the carpets sometime, but figured I'd wait until I got most of the outside stuff done. You know, just in case I get into mud (very common for me to do, and my young one is even MORE likely to come in looking like pigpen).

Other than that, not a lot going on around here. I sat down at the computer and did some brainstorming for a new book idea to pass the time, but mostly our tray tables are locked and we've begun our descent to Togetherness. We're looking out the windows and enjoying the scenery, but we are so excited to finally get there that it's hardly much of a distraction. Only a couple weeks to go and we'll get our lives back! I don't think I can get much more excited than this, really. Well, yes I can, but hopefully not until around the day before he gets home. I don't think I can handle it otherwise!  But I'm ready and waiting. Bring on the Ron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment