Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 114: December 19, 2009

Quote of the Day: “You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.” ~Jaesse Tyler


You know, I am so irritated with my crazy cats that I could just throw them all out the window!  Last night before bed I got all those stupid squares cut out, and arranged them all nice and neat on the living room floor so that I could start sewing it together today.  Well, for some UNKNOWN REASON the cats all decided that they should practice the Indy 500 in the middle of the night or something! I got up this morning to find pieces scattered all over the living room!  I was so mad! So I took two hours to put it all back the way it was supposed to be, but then I had to leave the house for a little bit. And then, when I got back, I found that they had started on it AGAIN! GRR!!!!  So I re-did it again, then stacked the pieces in rows and had to iron them before I could even start on it.  I did manage to get two whole rows sewn tonight, though, after fixing my sewing machine from letting Damien use it.  Well, technically I did three, but I sewed the entire first row before I realized that a rag quilt isnt sewn the same way normal things are, and that you have to sew the pieces with the outsides facing each other.   So I'll have to completely undo that first row and start over on it.  But so far it seems like the sewing is going a lot faster than I expected. So there really is hope that I might be done with it by Monday!



And then, also today there's the fact that I realized I did a major boo-boo. I went to the USPS website after mailing Ron his packages to order boxes and customs forms delivered so that I could have them on hand to ship things to Ron, instead of having to make a trip to the post office to pick up boxes and then go back again to mail them. Well, I guess I didn’t read the fine print, because I ordered ten.  What I got was ten boxes, all right.... ten BOXES of ten boxes!!! LOL  So I guess I'll have plenty of boxes to ship things with, huh? Another total blond moment from Carmen.  Gee, it's starting to become a habit!



I did go this morning to my friend Sherrie's house this morning to take pictures of her and her family for their Christmas family photos.  We must have done about a hundred and fifty pictures! It was actually kind of fun, and the kids were all having a pretty good time. Well, until the little ones got tired, but for little ones they did really well. I can't imagine what it would be like to have young children, though, now that mine are grown.  It's been so long since I've had to have that much energy.  What am I going to do when it comes time for grandkids??? How will I ever keep up with them? I guess I'd better get in gear with getting in shape, so that I'll be able to keep up. Right?  Because heaven knows I've been tired all the time lately.  I can't imagine what it would be like to actually feel energetic again. I'll bet it would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment