Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 109: Monday, December 14, 2009

Quote of the Day:
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." ~A. A. Milne

I've had a pretty long day today so far.  I got one of my smaller projects mostly done, and just have a few finishing touches left on it.  I cleaned, I vacuumed, I dusted.  I think tomorrow, if it's not too cold outside, I'll take care of the plants, since I didn't get around to it today.  If it's too cold I'm just going to stay indoors working on some of the indoor things off my list. You know, like planning or painting or something.  ANYthing to keep busy.  I did get a little more laundry done today, though, so I only have a load or two left now.  I'll work on that tomorrow as well.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll start on my closet when I get back home tomorrow from registering for classes.  This is it.... my very last semester that I'll have to struggle to get through before I will be able to take the test to be a licensed nurse.  I can't WAIT until May... graduation time! WOOHOO! It'll make the last two years of nursing school worth it.  Although, when you think about it, those two  years sure have flown by.  And smacked me right in the face as they went, too. I know.... I have the new wrinkles to prove it!

The water heater is fixed now, and chugging right along. Didn't really do it myself though, because I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the clamps off the darn power cord without cutting them, and I really did not want to do that if I could avoid it.  So I called our old neighbor and friend Rick and asked him how to do it. He helped Ron out when we were working on the Westwood house, so I knew he was trustworthy.  I guess he didn't understand what I was asking so he said he'd come over and take a look at it. When he got here, he just went ahead and did the power cord part for me. I'd already taken the thing apart and put in the new case and circuit board, so it was quick. He did end up cutting the wires, too.  But he left all of it hanging out of the top of the water heater box so that Ron can fix it the way he wants it when he comes home.  Which is fine with me, the wires will stay cool that way, and they're all covered in electrical tape so they can't hit anything and short out again.

All day long I've been thinking about Ron coming home, and it's making me nuts that it's taking so long. They days are endless now since I don't have school to keep me busy. I've got all sorts of plans and things to work on, but the problem with that is they all give me plenty of time to think while I'm doing them.  Not a lot of thought involved in any of it. I'm wishing now more than ever that I could just crawl into a cave like a bear and just hibernate the time away.  I found the letter I wrote to him the day after he left, and re-read it, and nearly lost it. I still feel mostly the same as I did when I wrote it, but have learned to deal with it now.  I would post it on here for you, but I really don't want anybody to start bawling their eyes out or anything, so I'll just keep it to myself. There's so much more to write about, anyways.  And we're down to less than 3 months now, so we're past halfway there.  Just two months, three weeks, and five days give or take, and I will be launching myself into his arms and hopefully never letting go again.  I can't wait!  It's fitting that it is winter while he's gone, because that's how it feels to me. And would even if it was the heat of the summer out.

No comments:

Post a Comment