Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 112: December 17, 2009

Quote of the Day: “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else.” - Charles Dickens

Is it really nearly midnight? Wow, where did the time go?

I have spent almost all day long cutting out quilt squares. It's amazing, when I sit back and realize that I started at around 7am this morning, and am STILL not done. I have a ways to go still.  Wow... this quilt had better be something special, huh?

While I was working on the quilt squares I sat and channel surfed, and was amazed at how much junk there is on television. How many old movies that no one really cares about anymore.  A couple of them were alright, such as when I caught the tail end of "Broken Arrow", from back when I really had a thing for John Travolta.  Those were the days! But it got me thinking... how many of the "hotties" from my younger days have really aged? Almost all of them, and most of them not well. And geez, not even just the hotties, but also the actors that I really liked for their acting. You know, guys like Tom Cruise, Kevin Costner (oh, wait... I think he was a hottie), Robin Williams.... the list goes on and on.  Some of them I don't even recognize anymore when I see them in a movie.  And it's not just the guys, either, though they're the ones I paid attention to so it's more noticeable with them.  So what does that say about ME? Am I really, REALLY getting THAT OLD??? Am I going to be the old hag soon? Yikes, nothing like watching movies from your junior high and high school days to really make you feel decrepit. Where's my walker, anyways?

Cody spent this evening at his friend's house practicing, they want to try and start a band. I think it's really cute, but at the same time I'd sure like it a lot better if he had his own mode of transportation and I didn't have to play Mom's Taxi all the time. It sure makes it difficult when you've been working on something long enough that you get into that "zone" where everything starts to just glide along nice and smooth, and then you have to drop what you're doing to go pick someone up. It's hard to get back into it again when that happens. 

Maybe something more will happen tomorrow, because today was all about TV and cutting out little four-inch squares of denim.  Not exactly prize-winning entertainment, is it?  Then again, it's my break from school - it's supposed to be low-key.  And on the plus side, I finally came up with a color pattern for the quilt that I think I like.  I'll take pictures of the squares all laid out tomorrrow for you, so that you can see what I hope it will turn out like. For now, I'm going to go drop into the bed, because I truly didn't realize how late it was, but now that I do I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open. So goodnight for another day, and I'll try to write about something interesting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment