Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 111: December 16th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Anything God asks us to do he supplies us with the energy and grace to do." -Author Unknown

I came to the decision last night that I am going to make a rag quilt out of old blue jeans.  I've been wanting to make another quilt for a long, long time but have never had the chance to when I actually thought about it. I'd always say, "I'll have to do that after A, B, and C are done."  Well, I've been thinking about it for so long, that all of a sudden the image came in my head of what I wanted and now I'm going to do it.  I figure there's no way I can't get it done in a month.  So I went through my closet and found that although my jeans are too big for me now, I'm scared to get rid of them in case I gain my weight back. I know it will be a while before it happens if I do, but I still would like to have them on hand just in case.  After deciding that it was pointless to use my own I got in the car and took a drive down to Goodwill to see what I could come up with.  And MAN, let me tell you, I lucked out like you wouldn't BELIEVE!!!! They do this thing where on certain days certain colored tags are on sale, and today it was yellow tags were buy one get one free, and green tags were 99cents!  So I stocked up on like twenty pairs of jeans!  And I ran into an old co-worker from Lowe's and another old co-worker from the hospital while I was there, which seems to be happening more and more frequently lately.  I guess I'm finally starting to get to know more people around here or something.

When I got home I started cutting them apart, and it's now eleven o'clock and I've barely started cutting out the squares to make the quilt. I forgot what a pain denim is to cut... my fingers are blistered and raw and about as bright red as a cherry tomato! Ouch!  But I can still type, so it's all good.  No different than what happens to me when I use a rake or shovel, except that it's on the top of my fingers and not the pads where the skin is thicker.  Maybe I should buy a new pair of scissors? I went to try and sharpen these, but somehow our yellow knife sharpener which has been in the knife drawer since we moved into this house has turned up missing.  And magically, neither of the kids knows where it is.  BOTH of them said they didn't know we had a knife sharpener. Uh-huh. So where is it then? Did it get bored and tired of waiting for me to use it and decide to go on vacation to Tahiti?

All in all it's been a fairly quiet day. I am kind of dreading getting up tomorrow and starting cutting out squares again, but at least the hard part is done. Well, the hard part on my fingers, anyways. The rest is just time-consuming.  But hey, anything to keep busy and be productive, right?  But sure can't wait to cuddle up under this quilty with my most important person in the world! I just hope I can have it done by then.  You know me, always have things happening to distract me.  I also will be working on laundry tomorrow while I'm cutting the pattern, so that should make it a little less tedious.  And I'm pretty excited to be trying my hand at sewing again.... maybe I'll actually do a halfway decent job this time? You know, since it's really the only class I took in school that I didn't quite do all that well in.  I think I remember that my teacher told me I'd be better off taking woodshop than home ec. HAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, maybe... I don't really enjoy sewing as much as a lot of my friends did. And you gotta love power tools!  I'm seeing a Tim Allen moment in my head right now.  Good thing that there aren't THAT many things which I could destroy around here, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment