Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 72: November 7th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night." ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

Today I sat down and added up all the miles I have walked and ridden since starting my "Great Exercise and Weight Loss Experience" on the 8th of September.  I was pretty amazed by the results, and thought I would just throw those miles onto the map and see where they would end me up at.  Do you know, I have gone enough miles that if I had been actually walking them nonstop I would almost be in Amarillo, Texas right now, which is a fifth of the way to our family in Arizona? WOW!!! I had no idea! How cool is THAT, though! I'm really impressed with myself on that one. No wonder I slowed down on all the weight loss, my body is becoming a machine! HAHAHA  Yeah right, dream on, I know, but still... I'm doing it! I haven't quit!  Yay, me! 

Here's the map that shows my distance walked.....


Okay, okay, enough of that!  I went for a really great, really fast walk first thing this morning, while the sun was just barely coming up, and I think I might have over-worked myself.  I did do some of the walk really slow while I was looking at all the leaves on the ground to find the best, most perfect ones.  A little distracted, I know. But I did try to make up for it by jogging some of my walk route. And let me tell you, I don't know what it is but there is something wrong with my knee!!! It hurt so bad when I first tried to jog that my leg nearly went out from under me! I had to actually stop for a minute and stretch it.  After that I jogged a little every once in a while, but I didn't try as hard as I did on that first jog.  I guess I have to face the facts... I'm not sixteen anymore.


Mocha sunning herself


Thought this was really cool, so I wanted to share it. This is Chloe's big old footprint... I can tell it's time to do her claws again, can you?

I went to study group this morning, but we didn't stay for hours and hours like we usually do. None of us were really feeling that great, and Laurie had to go to lunch with her sister, so we only studied for a couple of hours.  But the good news is that I walked up all three flights of stairs when I got there, and down all three flights of stairs as we were leaving.  So I guess I can add that to my exercise for the day. No wonder my knees hate me!  After study group I went ahead to the grocery store and bought us just a couple things to tie us over. You know, bread-milk-eggs, that sort of thing.  Then I came home and paid the stupid mortgage payment that I absolutely hate paying.  We could have one heck of a really nice RV with a smaller house payment! LOL And maybe we'd have the ability to go out in it and vacation, too! ;)


My pretties... THIS is what I wanted the stupid morning glory to do in the summer.

Tonight I made spaghetti for dinner.  I tried to make it Ron's way, and it turned out alright, but it still just wasn't like his.  I think the biggest problem is that when HE makes spaghetti, I don't have to do it.  Plus, I've never been able to tell when the noodles are done, so they always turn out either a little too firm, or super mushy.  Tonight they were firm.  The kids had the common sense not to complain, though. Which I thought was a great idea on their part... who knows what I would have done to them if they had! LOL  I want so badly to go to Braum's and get some ice cream, but I'm being a very good girl and staying home to pretend that I've already had it.  Sigh. It's not working... my mouth is telling me that I DEFINITELY did not get to eat any ice cream.  So when are they going to invent a healthy, fat free, calorie free ice cream anyways???



Tiger being his usual self, following me around like a puppy-dog waiting for scraps.


I AM NOT AMUSED. DO NOT TAKE MY PICTURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment