Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 67: November 2nd, 2009

Quote of the Day: "If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I'd still swim. And I'd despise the one who gave up." -Abraham Maslow


I've sure had a heck of a day!  I'm not sure what happened to the morning, I didn't manage to do much more than a couple loads of laundry.  I started thinking about our water bills, and kind of went off on a tangent.  I realized that for the past three months they just kept getting higher and higher.  So I started looking around for reasons why that would be happening.  I checked the toilets, the water heater, the sinks, the outside hose bibs, and couldn't find a single leak. So I went through all the sprinkler cycles one by one to make sure we didn't have a busted sprinkler or something, which it turns out that we didn't.  So all I can figure is that the sprinkler in the back must have been busted a lot longer than I thought.  And then, after all that work, the stupid water bill came in the mail.... and was back to normal.  GRR!! I wasted three-fourths of the day looking for a water leak I had already fixed?????? Are you KIDDING??? Boy, don't I feel sheepish! HAHAHA


I went to walk with Sherrie this afternoon and ended up having a total "World's Funniest Videos" moment.  We were walking in front of the church by the railroad tracks toward IC Evans Elementary, and I stepped up into the grass off the road to make way for Sherrie and her stroller, and landed my foot right into this hole that was so grown over into grass that you couldn't see it.  So, of course, I ended up falling, and twisted my ankle in the process.  I can only imagine what I must have looked like.  Definitely gave everyone a good laugh that was driving down the road, I'm sure! Here's my most-current wt loss pictures -but you can't laugh or I'll just have to get Achmed after ya!

After that, I just came home and worked on  planting the first of the two hibiscus trees. I think I got it in the ground well enough, but I had a really hard time getting it out of the stupid pot.  I guess that maybe it's better not to buy pots that aren't cylindrical if you're going to be planting something? Oh well, though, it eventually came out and I don't think it was any worse for the wear.  At least, if it makes it through the planting process it'll be good to go.  And it's the only way that I"ll be able to attempt to keep them, since I can no longer move the pots into the garage over the winter since the car and truck are in there now.  The roots would never survive out in the open in pots in the cold.  I'm going to do the other one tomorrow, and I sure hope that it goes a little better than this one.  Or at LEAST comes out of the pot with an intact root ball. I'm still thinking about it to decide if I can figure out a better way to get it out of there.  I need another person to help me, but since I don't have anyone I'm just going to wing it.  Made me rethink trying to do the rosemary, though, since it's in the same exact pots.


Tomorrow I'll finish the laundry, vacuum, dust, and clean up the kitchen, then it's off to trying to straighten out the yard. I have to mow, pull weeds, plant the plants, and basically get everything ready for winter. I emptied the ashes from last winter's fires today, too, so I'm all ready for that first fire of the season. Now, I just need to figure out how to go about getting the wood, because our stores are really low from last winter.  We may have enough left for about four fires.  Maybe someone out there will put up an ad for "free firewood if you come and get it".  Food for thought, right? I've checked on Craig's List, but so far there's nothing. Lots of people saying they're selling by the pickup.... and charging for a full cord or face cord for that small amount of wood.  What, do they think we're all morons? Don't know what we're doing when purchasing firewood? Makes you kind of crazy!  Oh, well... most of it's not seasoned wood, anyways.  Nothing like trying to start a fire with green wood.

Here's another pic of Mocha for you, though I know you're probably tired of seeing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment