Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 69: November 4th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying things which are beyond the power of our will. " -Epictetus

I have had a really great day today so far!  I had to go to school today, which meant getting up super early, which was a downer, but it went by quickly.  Then while on the way home, Laurie and I decided to take a trip through Vernon and go to Sonic for a BLT and a drink.  Little did we know that we'd be taking a road trip, though!  We tried to take Main Street out of town to the highway, but as we finally figured out we were getting further and further from the town and nowhere closer to the freeway.  As a matter of fact, we were heading southeast according to her car, but had literally no idea where in the world we were.  So we turned around and went back the way we had come, then made a right onto a road which we figured would bring us to the freeway.  Turns out the whole scenic trip happened because we turned right on Main Street in Vernon, instead of left!!!! We were laughing the whole time because we kept seeing the backside of this granary which we KNEW was just off the highway we needed to be on, but we just couldn't seem to get there.   We finally did get to the freeway, though, which was fun.  We got to see a lot of tractors, fields and cows, though. And a really great rodeo arena.  And a broken silo. And a whole lot of redneck houses (the kind you wouldn't want to break down in front of at night without visions of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" running through your head.  Eventually we did get home, though.

I called today to have the truck and car payment due dates changed, because the whole thing about having $3000 in  bills due the first of the month and only $900 after the 15th of the month just isn't working for us.  They made it sound real great, then told me that the first month that would be affected would be the Dec payment, so I'd have to make the November payment on the 8th when it's due and STILL make an additional payment of $115 and some change. So I told them to notate the account that I will make the payment on the 18th of this month (which I'll probably pay on the 15th) and then call to have it set up. That way, it will still change as of the December payment but it's not going to kill us in the meantime. And I'll be able to feed the kids!  So as soon as I get off the phone with them I call the lender for my car to have the due date changed for it, too, expecting another big hassle because they're the ones who are so rude about calling you to collect payment on the 9th when it isn't paid on the 8th.  But no.... with them, I was off the phone in less than three minutes!  She said "Okay, that change has been made, allow 24 to 48 hours for it to update in the system, and your new due date is the 15th of the month, so your next payment is due on November 15th."  I was amazed. I asked her "Hey, do you need a weather report or something, because this call didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would!!!" So now, the car payments will be due on the 15th, and once I get the truck payments adjusted they will be due on the 22nd.  And also, they never did process our interest reduction yet, so they are looking into that and it should be completed within a week.  So things are back on track. Finally!!!

Other than that, not much has happened today that's worth talking about. I'm getting ready to go out and go for a walk, and then I'm going to ride the bike later tonight in front of a movie. That should surely help me to rack up the points for today, right?  I sure hope so, because that Sonic must have thought we were too skinny- I think they tripled the amount of bacon normally on one of their sandwiches.  We had to take half of it off and throw it away.  UGH! I can feel the pounds just adding up on my thighs!!!! And my arteries clogging!  But once we got all that bacon off the last half of the sandwich it was really good... it turned it into a BLT without the B.... much healthier.

Now I'm off to go try and work my butt off. We'll see how far I can go toward that! LOL


And by the way.... one branch of the oleander has gone nuts.... look how tall it is compared to the rest of the plant! AND the other plant next to it!  But as you can see, it's forming blooms... that should be an interesting look.  Wish the rest of it had grown like that! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment