Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 66: November 1st, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Knowing that we can make a difference in this world is a great motivator. How can we know this and not be involved?" - Susan Jeffers

Okay, Houston, we have a problem.  Why is it that all of a sudden I keep forgetting about doing the blog? For the longest time I was so proud of myself because I was sticking to it, getting it done at a reasonable hour, and actually managing to do a blog every day!!!! Tonight I left the computer to go watch a movie, had to stop the movie to go pick up Cody, and was in the middle of watching it again when Ron came online and  caught myself thinking that I'd just go to bed afterward and finish the movie tomorrow.  So bottom line is.... I almost forgot about it again!!!!!! UGH!!!!!
 
Today I spent a lot of my time working on homework. I had to get up this morning and go spray texture on Ron's friend Doug's walls because he got short-orders to PCS and had two big holes in his walls that he had to fix. He got a quote from some guy that was outrageous ($1200) so I offered to do it for him since we have the equipment. I was only there half an hour and that included the getting the air compressor set up, mixing the texture, spraying it, and doing the knockdown. Can you imagine getting $1200 for that???? I told him I'd add it to his bill! : )  And I'm seriously considering dropping nursing to go spray texture, if you can make THAT much money at it!
 
Tomorrow is house cleaning and yardwork. I'll be playing little happy gardener for probably the last time this year!  I'm finally going to put those hibiscus trees in the ground, hopefully in time that they will be able to be protected from the cold. We'll see. I have to clean out the front planters and fertilize everything one last time too, so that'll take some of my time.  I have to figure out a spot to put my clematis, and I'm also going to plant the rosemary and I'm not sure what else, but I'm definitely going to do as much as I can to enjoy these last few days of warmth. It's hard to believe that winter is just around the corner, isn't it? I mean, we just barely had Christmas, and now Halloween is gone and it's almost Thanksgiving again.  Why didn't I listen to my mother when I was little and she told me that time goes faster the older you get? Why didn't I try harder to hang onto every second, instead of spending most of my time wishing that the days would fly by?
 
Actually, isn't that precisely what I'm doing now??? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment