Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 71: November 6th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Only a life lived for others is the life worthwhile." - Albert Einstein

Today I looked in Cody's room, and was completely amazed at how much laundry he has been able to hide away. I kept wondering where all my socks were, and now I find out that he's been sneaking into my room and taking MY socks to wear because he's too lazy to do his laundry. Which is HIS chore. And his room looks like a squatter lives in there. I told him that he'd better clean up his room and keep it clean or I'll be moving him out of it and into the little tiny room I'm using as an office.  And do you know what he said to that??? "That's ok, it's easier to keep a small room clean."  UGH!!!!! WHY, OH WHY did I think I wanted children??? Seriously! I can't believe that he just doesn't care that his room smells like dirty feet and locker room, and that he doesn't shower.  What is WRONG with the kids nowadays? Geez, I sound like my mother, but come ON! It's disgusting! My mother would have already beaten the crap out of me. And do you know what? I kept my room clean. Too bad they took away the ability for a parent to discipline their children. I have a feeling there would be a lot more decent people in the world than we now have.

On a more positive note, things are staying clean in here temporarily.  And it's kind of nice.  I haven't really done much of anything today but laundry and all that, but making my bed this morning was a big improvement, because lately I've been pretty lazy about doing it, and have just been avoiding it.  There's a LOT of things I should be doing lately, like studying, but I am having a really rough food week so it's hard to focus on much else. It seems like I am constantly hungry lately.  I've GOT to start doing better on drinking water. I think I'm going to go ahead and change out the water filter  under the sink a week early, because I really think the water is tasting horrible lately and hope that will fix it. It kind of smells a little funny to me, too. I'm not sure what the city is putting in it or not filtering out, but something is definitely different.  And when I don't drink the amount of water I should, I get hungry.  So yeah, the water issue is going to be a really big one.   I just hope that a new water filter does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment