Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 62: October 28th, 2009

Quote of the Day: “Love is having somebody to nudge when you see something you like and want to share it.” -author unknown






As far as my class goes I’m very proud of me... my instructor has already graded the tests and I got an 85! That’s almost a B! I thought I did pretty well, but there were quite a few difficult questions which I was not sure how to answer correctly. It’s hard, because while you’re in class they teach you the “book” way, and then when you go to clinicals all the nurses tell you that “It’s not really done like that, do it like this” and all that. So you’re constantly going back and forth between what you need to know to pass the tests and what you need to know for doing your actual job. And sometimes they just get confused in your mind. I think that’s my biggest problem right now. But either way, one more test down, and two to go. And only one more month of the semester, and then it’s OVER!!! I’m so excited for Christmas break… then I’ll only have one more semester left and I’ll be good to go! That is… if I can pass both the jurisprudence and HESI tests. Then the state board exams. Sigh. There’s too many unknowns, dangit!!! LOL



I spent a lot of today after class analyzing and re-analyzing my weight loss charts, graphs and data and trying to find patterns I could use to increase my weight loss. I have cut my calories down to 1200 a day, I have been walking 4 miles a day, and the weight is just not coming off as quickly as I had expected it to. They tell you to lose 1-2 pounds a week, and I just can’t seem to get myself to barely lose a pound a week. And I didn’t notice that “really rapid weight gain” in the beginning, either! What’s up with my body, does it hate me or something???? I have to figure something out if I want to be able to reach my target weight by March 1st. We’ll see what happens in the next couple of days.



Cody went to church today, so it was just me all afternoon and evening, which made it very easy to sit at the computer and do nothing. You know… there’s a lot to be said about quiet time, and it can be either good or bad. It can make you feel relaxed, or it can stress you out. Lately, it’s actually kind of relaxing, so I don’t mind so much. But there for a while, MAN, did I hate it! I guess I am getting used to being a loner.

No comments:

Post a Comment