Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 63: October 29th, 2009

Quote of the Day: “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” -Bob Dylan


Rain, rain, rain! It woke me up this morning at around 4am, and I have to say that I was completely miserable after that because I could not get back to sleep!!! UGH!!! I swear sometimes it seems like it has rained nearly every single day! It’s good for the grass and the plants and trees, but I’d still love to have a full week of sunshine before the temperatures drift too low to go outside and enjoy it. Not to mention the fact that it’s Thursday, which means clinicals. Which, incidentally, means that I have to wear some VERY white scrub pants and white shoes, which get all wet and muddy on the walk between the car and the hospital. I really wish they would have chosen a little different color for the pants. White is NOT very practical in a hospital environment, and I have no idea how medical personnel have been wearing it for so many years without realizing that. All those old-time nurses… did they have to replace their uniforms weekly, or what????? Or is it just me that has a problem with the white? Hmm. No, can’t be, because most of my fellow students also complain about it.

The good news is… one more clinical day down, and three to go. I’m loving this countdown stuff! Makes it so nice to know that soon I’ll have some days where all I have to worry about is the normal, everyday stuff, not school and grades and studying. It sure would be nice. But it’ll be nicer still in May when I graduate and no longer have to worry about it all. Well, until I get my BSN, that is. IF I decide to do it. One of the things to think about on that is that the hospital will pay for me to do it, but I will have to sign a contract for a specific number of years in order to have them pay for it. Otherwise, it’s all on me. And with me having to pay off the student loans for these last two years it may be a while. I don’t even know if I want to bother with it for a while, anyways. It sure would be nice just to go to work and then leave it behind when I come home, and have my days off all to myself. I think maybe a good plan of attack is for me to wait until my student loans are paid off, and then see where we stand as far as Ron wanting to stay here or move somewhere else. THEN we’ll see. Because if he wants to move somewhere else, say back east, I am NOT going to disagree. You know me, I love to move to new places. It’s so exciting! But if we stay, then we’ll build equity in the house so that once we do decide to either build a home here or move on, we’ll be in better shape. And it’s hard to tell from one day to the next with Ron…. 

I had a good day at clinical, by the way. I forgot to tell you that. But I wasn’t happy when I got home and found out that not only did Cody not lock the front door when he left for school, he also left the ceiling lights in the living room on. GRR!!!! As if money grows on trees! Yeah, I know that in a way it does, but that’s beside the point. It has to be processed first, and then earned. Money is just a bunch of numbers nowadays, anyways. I wonder what will happen when actual money gets phased out…. Seems like less and less people deal in cash every single day, so who’s to say that a few years from now we won’t lose it altogether? Wonder what our economy would do then… hmm. Interesting thought, isn’t it!

No comments:

Post a Comment