Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 38: October 4th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey"

I have been soooo cold all day today! The weather here's been really dark and moist all day long. When I got up this morning it was 61 degrees inside the house! UGH! Let's just say that I've been in sweats all day, and loving it! I got out and went for a really long ride this morning. The problem is, when I mapped out the route, I only accounted for distance. So, of course, I was shocked to find out that it was 5 and a half miles of mostly uphill! UGH! I was hurting sooo bad by the time I was done I thought my legs were going to fall off! But that's okay, a good burn never hurt anybody, right? And then after dinner tonight I went out and walked 1.75 miles, hoping that maybe it would help get rid of some of the kinks before bed and I won't be so sore in the morning. We'll see... I know that I worked myself a little too hard today. But I was bored to death of sitting in the house and studying, so it was worth it just to get out and about.
The blue morning glory has finally decided to bloom, so we now have red, white, and blue... but not all at the same time, unfortunately. I've got to see what I can come up with for here in the spring.
They're like an electric blue! Really pretty!
One of my Don Juan roses... isn't it pretty?
I can't remember this one's name, but I put it right next to my Don Juan so that they could intermingle. I can't wait until next spring to see how big they get.
What a really dreary day it has been!


I am excited for tomorrow, I can't wait to weigh in. It's the weekly weigh-in time... and this morning's weight was the lowest yet, so if tomorrow's is about the same I'll have lost a total of 4 pounds in a month. Not too bad. Wish it was more, but what can you do? I don't want to take the weight loss pills on account of my heart, so this is what I am stuck with. At least it's not been too difficult to cut out the sodas. Wish I could say the same for the chips, crackers, and Chex Mix, but I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. Just to be a size (or hopefully more) smaller. We'll see if I can keep it up, and just how much I can get down to.
I'll let you know! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment