Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 40: October 6th, 2009

Quote of the Day:
Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its color.
~W.S. Merwin, "Separation"

POOR, POOR TIKI!

We lost a member of our “family” today. Please take a moment of silence for Kalamena Big-Tooth Tiki, who lost his head this morning at around 6:30 am in the pitch black. As you can see, when he blew his top there was no turning back. Sigh. Now we have to get Ron another Tiki, and I don’t think that Hobby Lobby is going to sell them anymore (from what they said, anyways) so we may be stuck having to order one off the internet. Not that “Fred” (as Ron calls him) can be replaced in our hearts (hahaha) but we can try! :)

MOCHA'S NOT SURE ABOUT THIS WET STUFF.


Today has been another rainy, icky day. Again. I had my dental appointment today for my teeth cleaning, and for the dentist to tell me his plan for my teeth. He gave me a referral to an oral surgeon up in Lawton to have my molar yanked out (too expensive for a root canal and crown), and then I have 5 cavities which need fillings. He says that I have to wait ‘til my tooth is out and healed before I can do the fillings. That really stinks! But oh, well. I’ll just have to do what I have to do. Right? Because I am DEFINITELY not willing to fork out a couple grand to have another filling put into a tooth that I can’t reach to brush, and don’t even use half of the surface of to chew on anyways. The x-rays proved that. So….. maybe I’ll be able to brush my teeth better with it out! One would hope, anyways.

I TRIED TO CATCH A PIC OF IT RAINING WITH THE SUN SHINING... YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE RAIN HITTING THE POOL, THOUGH, AND NONE IN THE SKY.


My scale this morning told me that I had lost 4.8lbs since last month. I’d like to think it’s true, but I think it’s going by my weight the night before I actually started recording my weight, because I only record my first thing in the morning weight. In which I come up with a loss of only 3.6lbs. Sigh. Just have to work harder, that’s all!!! I almost dread weighing in tomorrow, but this morning’s weight is another lowest-to-date, so maybe my body is finally giving up and saying “OK, I know you are serious now about losing weight, so I’ll help you out.” Gotta say, though, it really does feel like I’m getting somewhere, at least a little bit. We’ll see. I’ve taken measurements and will be making comparisons monthly.

Tomorrow I’ve got school, and I am really DREADING that long drive to get there and back. Especially after no sleep! UGH! Gonna go get that coffee going real quick and hit the sack. Morning is going to come SUPER early for me. ‘Night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment