Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 31: September 27th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do. --John Holt"

Today has been a very busy "idle" day.... I got up at 5am to wait for Ron to call me, but ended up going for a 5:30 am walk. It's amazing how quiet this town is that early in the morning. And the streets were so dark that twice I had cats jump out of the alleys and scare the bejeezus out of me. It was very cool out, thought, which made it a really comfortable walk. And the best part? Not a single car on the roads. At all! I think I may have found the best time of day to walk! Well, in the warmer seasons, anyways.

Wow, speaking of seasons... fall is definitely here! One of the churches has set up a really cute pumpkin patch! I'll have to take pictures for you and put them on here. It's definitely nice having them decorate for it. It gives me something to do while I'm walking. Plus, it gives the town a more homelike atmosphere. And Friendship Festival is this coming weekend, soooo........ maybe I should go check it out so that I'll have something to do to occupy my time.

I think I have a problem.... the A/C sounds like it may need help. It's the actual unit in the attic, it sounds like it's trying to cycle, but failing. I'm going to try to record it so that I can show Ron what's going on with it. Maybe it's something I can fix without the service fees. I doubt it, though... to me it sounds like an air compressor or motor that's trying to kick on but can't. I'm sure that with the way things are going lately, whatever it is will be expensive. Cody's phone bill just came in today.... $1114.79! I nearly had ANOTHER heart attack, even though I knew it was coming. I just didn't know about the $150 in fees that Verizon would charge. Dangit.

So anyways, I'm off to try to figure out how to get into the attic without moving a car that's beneath the access ladder. Wish me luck! :)

P.S. I didn't get a chance to do pictures today, so look below for a new video... You'll laugh, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment