Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 30: September 26th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead"


Chloe and Mocha out by the pool this morning



I worked most of today on my homework from clinicals, but have had a hard time figuring out what to do with it. My patient had hypokalemia (low potassium) and hypocalcemia (low calcium) and there really aren't any nursing diagnoses to go along with them, so I've had to try very hard to figure out how to write up the care plan for it. I'm so frustrated with it that I could scream! The biggest problem I am having is that the conditions are both so vague, and have such a big effect on so many different areas of the body. It's hard to focus in on specific things, because we have to choose what effect is the most dangerous, etc, and organize things according to priority. GRR!!! I'm not going to have any time to study for the upcoming test, because it is taking me days to do what I usually get done in hours. Granted, I am having to think a lot more on this particular care plan, but still! Usually I can spend half a day on it and be finished. This time I'm been working on it since Thursday night, and still am not even halfway done. I wonder how I'll do on the upcoming test without studying for it? Oh, wait... that's right.... a 78.

Tonight's sunset, looking like God swiped his paintbrush across the sky.

And as I was standing up on the slide to try to get a pic of the sunset, Chloe was trying to climb up the slide to get ME! :)


I was thinking today of a scenario... it's of me taking Ron's truck up and having it profesionally detailed for him the day before he comes home! How awesome would that be, for him to get off the plane and be able to drive his own truck AND have it super clean? He'd be in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment